• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Sakura

Handsworth History & Astonbrook through Aston Manor Links

Can we still access the Birmingham History i.e. Handsworth, Aston and other areas? The many memories that were written up by members and submitted. Is that a separate web site now? :rolleyes: Mo
  2. Sakura

Fridge message for your pets.

Hope you enjoy this, I could certainly relate to it. :) Mo Dear Pets, and thence, Pet Owners, (The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door). Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food...
  3. Sakura

Alaska Railway Routes

Put your sound on and if this works you will love it. :)Mo Didn't work :cry: It is on power point any suggestions, I'm sure I have got them to down load before.
  4. Sakura

Across Canada

This is actually an ad for the train journey across Canada but it is my dream to do this. We would probably do it in two halves as we live basically in the middle. Hope it works for you and you enjoy it. It looks as though all they do is eat and drink.:)Mo...
  5. Sakura

St Andrews, Handsworth.

Has anyone heard anything about this? A friend in England emailed me over the weekend to tell me this year is the 100th Anniversary of St. Andrews Anglican Church, Handsworth. It was the church my family went to and John and I got married there in 1968. We were very involved with the church...
  6. Sakura

Sandwell Road Handsworth

Where is this? Hope you don't mind me adding this Phil.
  7. Sakura

Do you remember?

I just received this from a friend and thought although some relates to Canadian things which we don't remember you might enjoy it as. Mo 'Hey Dad,' one of my kids asked the other day, 'What was your favorite fast food when you were growing up?' </B>'We didn't have fast food when I was...
  8. Sakura

Links: Bill Dargue’s website: Places and Place names

This may have been posted but it is a good web site, search and you will find every area of Birmingham. Mo https://billdargue.jimdo.com/
  9. Sakura

Comparing gasoline prices

This is just for fun, I thought you might enjoy the comparison of every day things and gasoline. I know the cost of petrol in the UK is very high but it has gone up to $1.21 a litre here which folks are not used to.:)Mo Trying to find something funny in the absurdity of...
  10. Sakura

Time Team

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have just watched the 45 min. video of the Time Team taken in Jan 1997 of the excavation of the Matthew Bolton factory on South Road Handsworth. It was the Soho Mint I think as well. It was very interesting. Our son just sent it to me. Maybe there...
  11. Sakura

Housing : Birmingham Council Municipal Housing

I have looked for a thread on this but not found one so please correct me if there is one. :) My daughter watches the English program 'Selling Houses' and they are always referring to the fact that it was a council house. She was asking what happened to the people who needed subsidised housing...
  12. Sakura

St Augustine's RC School

This was our Grade 4 photo at St Augustine's RC School in 1954.. Our teacher was Sister Angela. I thought the Handsworth folk might like to see it and even see someone they know or knew as children.  :)
Back