• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Fisher

Looking for information of family members of Lawrence and Clarice Fisher who lived in Handsworth 1900-1930,I know of two sons,Harry James and Kenneth Llawrence who also lived for a time in Handsworth
  2. A

Silk and terry printers

My Grandfather (John Fisher) he died in 1964 aged 93 was a printer who worked for Silk and Terry's, just on the off chance I am wondering if there may be records somewhere which may mention him.
  3. A

Buriel

Help please,trying to find where my Grandmother is buried,she maybe buried in Handsworth cemetry because she lived will my Grandfather in Rookery Road No 258. She died on the 18 th of January 1934 in Hallem Hospital. What is the best way to trace her buriel.
  4. A

Advice please on Birth and Death Certificates

I have details of grandparents Birth and Death details which I think are correct but not 100%.I need to apply to West Bromwich and Walsall registry office for the certificates, any tips to make sure when I apply I will have the right person. Alan
  5. A

Fisherman or sailor

Help please, I am trying to locate my Grandfather on the 1871 and 1881 census,he was either a sailor or fisherman,he married a lady from Hull,I am also guessing that he was at sea during these times,having said that, I would have thought a record would have been keep for census records,any help...
  6. A

Help please with 1881 census

Can anybody help with information please,I have traced William Miller on the 1881 census living in 112 Livery Street (Back of I think) any details, drawings or maps would be a help for my wife's Family History. Alan (help the aged)
  7. A

1845 Handsworth

Help Please,Is there any way of tracing a person or persons who lived in Handsworth in 1845,at least that what is down on their marriage certificate. Alan (help the aged)
  8. A

Union Row Congregational Church

Any body remember Union row Congregational Church Handsworth or the YPF Youth CLUB after the war. Alan Fisher
Back