• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Fire Brigade Information

Good morning, Youre right I havnt been on the site for some time Ive been very busy, not a case of 'not bothering' just a lot going on at the moment. As for the photo I have printed it send me your address and Ill post it to you. Yes I am still interested in all the info that people may have as...
  2. P

Fire Brigade Information

Hi there, My interest is the Birmingham Brigade which includes the Aston Brigade any info would be much appreciated
  3. P

Fire Brigade Medals.

Hello Barrie, As you can tell its been along time since Ive been on this site, with regard to the medals, he was a fireman in the Birmingham Brigade and joined 22nd October 1911, he then joined the forces in 1914. Do you still have the medals, Im a bit of a fire service follower Richard
  4. P

Fire Brigade Information

Hi there, Sorry this response is so late, I am interested in anything and everything, I want to build up a picture of not just the brigade but also those that served in it along with stories photos etc. Any help would be appreciated Richard
  5. P

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Hi there, If you want a copy no problem I'll do one and drop it around to you Ill show you what else i have as well. It did have his name on it. Richard
  6. P

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Hi, As I said my photo is about 6 x 4 inches so probably isnt the one your talking about, this one shows him standing by a table and wearing his helmet. As for the photo that disapeared from your house I know nothing about that, indeed I wasnt even born then. But as I said I would appreciate any...
  7. P

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Hi there, Its been a long time since I've looked in on this site, hence Ive lost track with whats going on. The photo I have is a cabinet size 6 x 4 and is part of a number that were taken by the Brigade at that time of all of the firemen. I have been for a number of years, when I get the time...
  8. P

Pegg William

Re: William Pegg Hello again, The picture I have is of Fireman William Pegg born 29th October 1905
  9. P

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Bingham. Hi there once again, Yes the photograph is of John Bingham. He served in the Aston Fire Brigade until it was taken over by the Birmingham Brigade in 1911, that’s when he was transferred. He would have probably served at one or both of Aston’s fire stations, the Chester Street fire...
  10. P

Binghams of Aston c.1900

Fireman Bingham Hi there, I received your email but thought I would post this on the site for you so that the info can be built on. Hope its of use. Fireman John Bingham Born 1877 Lye Stourbridge, joined Aston Fire Brigade in 1900, transferred to Birmingham Fire Brigade in 1911. Lived at 4...
  11. P

Fire Brigade Information

For some time I have been gathering both information and items associated with the Birmingham Fire Brigade. So to add to this, I am asking if anyone has photos, stories or in fact anything that I could use to ensure that this part of Birmingham history isn't lost for ever. Thanking you all in...
  12. P

Ballads of Birmingham

I know you didn't ask, but I thought you might like these as well. William De Birmingham “Roger de Someri, lord of thine, Baron of Dudley, master mine, “From whom thou holdest lands in fee, Suit and service claims of thee.” William, knight of Birmingham town, Strode his ramparts up and down...
  13. P

Ballads of Birmingham

And the third one; Henry VI At Yardley “O since my sire was lord of war, Men crowned me with the blood-red gold, And bound me unto dolorous days, And murderous doom to hold “And strife by which the war-lord breathed Doth dog me. Is it Harry’s son That loves not war? Men cry, and laugh In...
  14. P

Ballads of Birmingham

I thought we should have the other ballards on this thread, so here goes; The Jennens’ Millions “By the hammer of Thor! By the hammer of Thor!” Cried Jennens the smith as he smote the ore, “Devil or Christ, I care not, I, Good red gold will I have or die. Lust of the Viking strain of mine...
  15. P

William Mosedale - George Cross

I hope the following is of some help. William Radenhurst Mosedale G.C. Born 28th March 1894 Aged 16, he joined 5th Royal Irish Lancers reached the rank of Corporal. He left the service to look after his widowed grandmother. He became a railway porter but soon after left to join the Fire...
  16. P

Ballads of Birmingham

Hi there once again, The third ballad 'The cursing of Frater John' has been sent to you. "Your riddle is over and the pieces all fit" Pipone
  17. P

Ballads of Birmingham

Hi there, This may or may not be of any help but here goes; I have a book by E. M. Rudland it's title is Ballads of Old Birmingham. In it I have found 'The Jennens' Millions' 'Henry VI at Yardley' I havn't found any reference to St Thomas's Priory yet. I will see if I can scan the relevant pages...
  18. P

Tozer Family.

Although I have contacted you with this info already I thought I should respond to this thread for the benefit of other interested parties. Must say that this is not a full family tree, but it does give an insight into how this family dominated the fire service. Robert Tozer He was a...
Back