• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Logging Off

I have a Packardbell easynote tj62 laptop and all i am getting is Logging off... i have tried the escape button and the start button but it makes no difference i have nver come across this before it has now been logging off for about 4 hours any ideas please Brian :headhit::headhit::headhit:
  2. B

Help with street name

Could enyone please decifer the street name one the part of certificate please
  3. B

St Martins

Could anyone tell me the area that St Martins covers please Brian baker
  4. B

baptism look up please

St Clements Nechells Bryan Albert cartwright Albert Cartwright thank you brian baker
  5. B

baker

could anyone help please i am trying to find out if my birth mother was babtised her details are:Eleanor Lena Baker born 21 july 1912, 57 lingard Street Aston Aston Duddeston fathers name George Thomas Baker...
  6. B

cartwright

i am trying to trace the birthplace of my birth father Albert Cartwright 01/06/1913 - 28/11 1990 married to Eleanor Baker 28/10/1939 in Birmingham died 20/05/1953 one chid Brian Albert Cartwright myself 19/08/1940 he supposidly live with a Rose Rooker at 2back 30 Lingard Street Aston...
  7. B

picture house Erdington

when i lived in erdington many moon's ago (has anyone heard that saying) i used to go to the palace picture house and there was another picture house where the market is now can anyone remember the name of it brian
  8. B

Marshall/Baker of Nechells B'ham

1881 cesus 214 Bloomsbury Street Nechells B'ham Samuel Marshall head age 24 Mary Ann Marshall wife age 27 Eliza Marshall daug age 5 Annie Marshall daug age 2 (my gran) William Marshall son age 3 months Jame's Farrington age 62 father in law Harriet Farrington...
  9. B

Black over Bill's Mothers

it's getting dark over bills mother's brian:(
  10. B

rooker family

hi all does anyone know of the rooker family who used to live 2 back 30 lingard srteet nechells birmingham in 1939 i have been on the 1901 cencus and have a print out there was 10 in the family and the youngest rose rooker lived there in 1933/ 34/ 35/ 36/ 38/ 39/ the reason i am trying to find...
  11. B

Stork Pub Nechells

does anyone remember the stork pup at the top of lingard street nechells brian baker
  12. B

newtons nuts and bolts

does anyone remember newtons factory my mother nellie cartwright used to work there in the late 1940 and early 1950 does anyone have any old photo's of the worker's or work's outings thank you brian baker this is an amazing site :)
  13. B

ma lloyds and son

has anyone had a job at ma lloyds and son in princip street birmingham love to hear from you brian baker
  14. B

cartwright

has anyone any information of an albert jack cartwright born 01/06/1913 he was my birth father and the only information i have of his birth is the above and he lived in lingard street? i have looked him up on other sites and i cannot find him on the bdm i am desperate to find a birth certificate...
Back