• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Blundell - the Aston variety rather than Studley

Hi Sally Cynamon Have you Found the information you are after I realise this is a late post but Thomas Blundell married to Mary Hinton is my 2 Great Grandfather and if I can and have any information that may help you please get in touch Brian Baker
  2. B

Bloomsbury Street School

Hi i was at Bloomsbury Street School from 1945- 1953 when sadley my birth mother passed away and i was adopted by my uncle and aunt my name then was Brian Cartwright Brian
  3. B

Bloomsbury Street, Nechells

I used to live with my parents at 4 back 225 Bloomsbury Street in the 1940 / 1950s Brian
  4. B

tracing a person thru there army records..need help.!!!!!

healthy72 Try contacting : Army Personnel. Centre Civil Secretariat. Historic Disclosures. Mail Point 400, Kentingem, 65 Brown Street, GLASGOW G2 8EX / phone 0141 224 2826 /Military (9) 4561 2826 hope this helps brian
  5. B

Logging Off

Thank you all for your help but i finaly got through to a helpline this morning and got it sorted what i had to do was 1:close the lid 2: unplug from the mains 3: take the battery out 4: replace the battery 5: connect back to mains 6: press power button for 15 seconds with lid closed 7: open lid...
  6. B

Logging Off

I have a Packardbell easynote tj62 laptop and all i am getting is Logging off... i have tried the escape button and the start button but it makes no difference i have nver come across this before it has now been logging off for about 4 hours any ideas please Brian :headhit::headhit::headhit:
  7. B

baker family

Did any of your Baker family live in Lingard street Necells by any chance Brian
  8. B

Help with street name

thank you all for a quick reply this is the street my grandmother was born annie marshall in 1878
  9. B

Help with street name

Could enyone please decifer the street name one the part of certificate please
  10. B

Blundell

in my family tree i have touched on the blundell family :Elizabeth Blundell born 1835 in Warwickshire married to James Baker born 1827 in Warwickshire maraige date 11/10/1858 had seven children
  11. B

Nechells of the 50's & 60's

hi Geoff i am afriad i to do not recognise any of the names you have mentioned but after 58 years say no more but thanks for your e mail all the best Brian Baker (cartwright)
  12. B

Reeves family

could you please tell me how you can obtain the pension records thank you brian baker
  13. B

Plague victims to be published online soon

were any of your Baker relatives born or lived in the Nechells area of Birmingham Brian
  14. B

National Memorial Arboretum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDa6uwf0OA Dave have i got it brian
  15. B

National Memorial Arboretum

been there today and had yet another brilliant day each time we go there is something different to see at the moment they are working on the resturant building i am lucky in so much as i only live 20 minutes away so we have seen many changes
  16. B

Workhouse Infirmary 99 Dudley Rd 1 Western Road

i was born in dudley road hospital in 1940 my mother died in dudley road hostpital in 1953 and my granmother my mom's mother died in western road hospital 2 week's before my mother
  17. B

What happened to remains?

Sheryl i posted a reply to you in the wrong place sorry it look's as if we are not related saddly but there may still be a chance if you have any of these names in your tree : Stones / Skidmore / Farrington / Baker please let me know and thank'sfor your fast reply Brian
  18. B

Hi Sheryl thank you for your reply saddly it looks as if we are not reated but have you by any chance have any of these's names in your tree that may connect us :Stones/ Skidmore/ Farrington / Baker/ all the best Brian
  19. B

hi Sheryl i have powell relatives from Warickshire also Marshall from birmingham could there be any conection do you think ? all the best Brian
  20. B

Bloomsbury Street

Hi Paula 1964 it does not look as if we are of the same family line my great grand parents where Goerge Baker of Wellebourne Warwickshire g gandmother Sarah Baker nee Powell of great Aline Warwickshire i lived in Bloomsbury street and my name then was Cartwright from 1940 to 1953 and i had grand...
Back