• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Co-op horse

I was 3 years old living in Park Road Bearwood. We had a horse drawn milk cart and the horse was my friend. He was called Balladin. Everyday I would ask my mom for a crust of bread and I would sit outside on the kerb stone, feet in the gutter waiting for him. I could hear him clip clopping up St...
  2. T

Smethwick

Thanks that's a big help. Didn't think about Kelly's Chris
  3. T

Smethwick

Does anyone know where the Smethwick Register Office was in 1940, I've just received a copy of my parents marriage certificate and they were married there, but I can't find any record of it now. The only one I can find is Sandwell/West Bromwich. I had a feeling it may have been near Rolfe...
  4. T

Parish Church Selly Hill Birmingham

Hi again,Thanks for that info you have really been busy. I had already got all the info off the 1911 census and discovered that she worked at Cadbury's. Actually I emailed Cadbury's and explained what I was doing and asked if they had any photographs of the working conditions at the time Marion...
  5. T

Thankyou, that is really fascinating, and what a small world. All the help I am getting from this site is really going to aid in my research into this side of my family which up until now has been rather neglected, thankyou once again for taking the trouble to reply......Tattybags
  6. T

Thankyou so much for your reply it was very helpful. I couldn't envisage that area at all and I am now going down to have a look. May get back to you again Chris
  7. T

Hi, I am researching my family tree and have recently found the only remaining (I think) photograph of my grandparents wedding. I wanted to know where they married so sent for a copy of their marriage certificate. To start with I was disappointed that I didn't get a copy of the actual...
Back