• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Hi Do you know his first name(s) and where he served .
  2. R

Orford St

Orford Road,Park Road Hockley is not a road and apparently never had been. It is a terrace yet it is officially designated a road.
  3. R

Stretton Road Aston

It was R.E & N.P Wood Newsagents at 37 Rocky Lane
  4. R

I think the CI could have been Mackenzie. A Scot. When he retired he became the licensee of Thew Brittania Proctor Street Nechells.
  5. R

Beefy was Beefy Osmond Dendy.
  6. R

Yes I remember both Larry Hogg and Pat Gould.
  7. R

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Thanks Phil. Spot on with The Gaylord Club
  8. R

No Phil it was before that one. The one I ask about was owned by Bunny Johnson as I said. I remember the Porsche and knew the owner of that as well. Chap called Von Reid.
  9. R

Does anybody remember the West Indian Club & name owned by Bunny Johnson (Ex Boxer) Somewhere off Sandy Lane I think.
  10. R

Dave it's in reply to your post in 2009. I was doing some research and came across it. Best Regards Roger
  11. R

Yes it was the Nightingale Club. I wasn't a membner !!!
  12. R

Fink

Re: Kenyon Street Police Station It probably belonged to the key for the Traffic Signal boxes.
  13. R

Fink

Weem was a great personality. Worked Steelhouse Lane and Bridge St West
  14. R

Asylum Road

Was there a pub called the Swan in Asylum Road?
  15. R

Wiggett, Sweet Shop By The Hippodrome

Shortie In September 1947 Robert F Wiggett married Nellie F Bate / Nellie F Horner in Birmingham. She was probably either a widow or divorced hence the 2 names. You need to see the marriage certificate to clear it up. RB
  16. R

Birmingham Central Backpackers - Milk Street / Coventry Street

Definitely The Malt Shovel. Also known as "Wacketts" due to the Licensee George ? He originated from Derby and his favourite saying was Yow Cor Wackett. A great character who ran the Pub together with his Wife Lil. They used to swaer like Troopers at ewach other when have marital disagreements...
  17. R

Turk's Head, Bloomsbury Street

Another pub that has closed in the last 12 months. It still stands today but for how long i think it was built after the original turks head ( junction of bloomsbury st. & gt lister st. Closed).
  18. R

Hawkings Jellied Eels

I remember Hawkins Jellied Eel shop. In the 60's it was run by a Scottish lady whose name I think was Jean.
Back