• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. ASTONITE

Aston Road North

Excellent photos Lynn, once again evoking lots of memory’s you are a star!
  2. ASTONITE

Lichfield Road Aston

It’s so sad to think that Alan (Astonian) would have loved these.
  3. ASTONITE

Lichfield Road Aston

Lynn, you are a star, I haven’t posted for quite a while. These are awesome, there aren’t any words that would express my joy at seeing these photos, l have experienced all sorts of emotions looking at them, god bless you.
  4. ASTONITE

"midland Journey" Film 1947

What an excellent film, you always hope that you will see someone that you recognize, thank you Lynn.
  5. ASTONITE

Aston Pictures

Hi Jackie, here are photos of both ends of Sutherland street, unfortunately, I have never seen any of the actual street.
  6. ASTONITE

Montague Street Aston

Hi Lynn, I looked on Google Earth and put in Montague street Aston and the one off Great Barr street came up, however, as you say, the map shows no houses. If you look at the photo in #6, Montague street is slap in the middle.
  7. ASTONITE

Montague Street Aston

Hi Lynn, thanks for your message, those photos look like the Montague Street off Great Barr Street, Montague Street Aston was only a short street, the pump Tavern was on the corner of Montague and Sutherland street and Waterworks Road was at the bottom. I have searched for ages to find a photo...
  8. ASTONITE

R.I.P : Harry parkes

here's a picture of his shop on Gravelly hill.
  9. ASTONITE

Aston Hall Road (formerly Aston Lane)

Thankyou Lynn for posting these evocative photos, I went to Aston Hall Road school, I started there in 1948, the area holds many memories although time has dimmed a few!
  10. ASTONITE

Rubery Hill Asylum, Birmingam. 1882 - 1901

Hi Jess, I have a booklet entitled 'Rubery Hill Hospital' a short history, 1882-1982, it has a few photographs in it, if it is of any use I could post it to you, Astonite.
  11. ASTONITE

moor end lane and aston tech

Hi Graham, I have in my possession, a prospectus for Aston Tech for 1957-58, I am sure I have put photos from it on the site before, however, here is one of them;
  12. ASTONITE

Summer Lane

Steve,Vicarage Road Aston?
  13. ASTONITE

3 back 153 latimer street Emma Mountford

I don't know if this has been on before
  14. ASTONITE

Smithfield Fruit & Veg W/sale Market 1883

Richard, pollypops posted this link, there are 3 photos of Smit https://www.shoothill.com/demo/warwic...vey-deep-zoom/ hfield on here, from the look of the clothes they are pre 1930.
  15. ASTONITE

Warwickshire Photographic Survey

Thank you pollypops for that link to Shoothill, there are some wonderful photographs on there, I have found lots of photos of places where my relatives lived, Hospital st, Lower Tower st, and Windsor St, once again thank you!
  16. ASTONITE

Perfecta Seamless Tube Works Plume Street Aston

Hi Anthony, this is the only picture of Plume Street I have ever found, unfortunately, it doesn't show a lot, it is one of Ray Griffith's wonderful collection. I would also like to obtain some photographs of Plume Street as a few of my ancestors lived there.
  17. ASTONITE

king edward reprieve

Thanks for the photos Lyn, so sad to see this pub destroyed, my mom was a barmaid there in the forties and fifties, I can still remember being behind the bar in the back room when I was small, later it was our local and we played many a game of darts there.
  18. ASTONITE

Can anyone identify this please?

Thank you for all your replies, most appreciated, Astonite.
  19. ASTONITE

Can anyone identify this please?

I recently came across this token whilst sorting through some odds and ends, I cannot find any information on the net, other than it might have Masonic connections, can any of the wonderful brains on the forum throw any light on the matter? It is bronze and about 3 and a half centimetres in width.
  20. ASTONITE

the last farewell print

The bus is the 40a which ran to Lozells along Victoria Road, is it the junction of Lichfield Rd and Victoria Rd?
Back