• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Beechcroft House 15 Belle Walk Moseley

Thanks for replying - so do you have personal memories of Beechcoft Home?
  2. R

Beechcroft House 15 Belle Walk Moseley

Hi Mooky, I've been trying for years to find information on Beechcroft mother and baby home in Belle Walk - is this the same place that you spent time in?
  3. R

Hunters Moon Castle Bromwich

In the days when neighbours looked out for each other xx Thank you xx It's 29 years this month since we lost Dad. It was such a shock! But Dad always feared illness and he would have known nothing about it! For that I will always be thankful xx Do you remember Les Brown? He ended up in a home...
  4. R

They certainly would! Not sure if I have got this right but did you take my Mom to Heartlands following the ambulance when my Dad had a heart attack?
  5. R

Hi Martin, nice to hear from you xx Remember your folks too and your sister. Happy days in Millington Road! Hope you're all keeping well xx Don't think Dad ever went anywhere without the trusty pack of mints in his pocket xx
  6. R

Hi Ken, Ray is my husbands name, my maiden name was Sue Bowen and parents were Anne and George. Fond memories of your Mom and Dad, when my sister and I used to stay in the flat in our pyjamas when our parents were both working. Somewhere I still have a silk pyjama case that your Mom made for me...
  7. R

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

I had family living at 106 Muntz Street - does anyone have photos or maps of the area showing that property please?
  8. R

2 back 34 Church Lane Aston

Thanks Mikejee, that's great! Do you have any idea what the large 'building/space' is that the court backs on to?
  9. R

2 back 34 Church Lane Aston

Hi, I've recently sent for the birth certificate of my husbands mother and she was born at the above address. Does anyone have a map or photos of that part of Aston please?
  10. R

Florence May Tustin.

In the records it lists Florence M Tustin marrying Harold Matthews in JFM 1938 in Warwickshire, Meriden. Hope that helps
  11. R

Fisher & Ludlows factory

Hi Castalla, Thankyou for your lovely tribute to my Mom and Dad. Moms name was Anne and she also worked at Fisher and Ludlows. She was in the print room (1970 - 1980) and worked with Joan Evans, Tom McGilbury and Harry ? I remember your Mom and Dad too. Happy days! I have great memories of...
  12. R

Hodge Hill Girls Grammar School

Hi Janet, What was your maiden name? Georgina is my sister and I'm sure to love to know what people are up to these days! Life going too fast...
  13. R

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Was it Susannas once?
  14. R

Fisher & Ludlows factory

In the photo with the sick bay - it certainly was set up for the photographer. The man in the glasses with his leg propped up was my Dad, George Bowen, who was the 'welfare officer' there from 1950's to late 1970's - and there was nothing wrong with his leg!!
  15. R

Hi there. Does anyone have any photos/memories of the girls school covering 1965 to 1972? They were my years there and would love to go back down memory lane.... Thanks Sue
  16. R

Does anyone have any memories or photos of Hodge Hill? I was a pupil there from 1965 to 1972 and would love to find any stories/photos of that time.
  17. R

Marriage 1816 Murphy/Richards

Hi Shera, hope you don't mind me asking but where do you get information like marriage witnesses from? Thanks Sue
  18. R

Fisher & Ludlows factory

Hi Alan, There are photos in #39 which have my Dad,George Bowen on. He's the centre person in the social club photo and the one holding the cup in the snooker photo. My Mom also worked there late 60s and 70s in the print room with Joan Evans, Harry and Tom McGilbery. Dad also ran the scrap sales...
  19. R

Sutton Parade

Did you buy the picture?
  20. R

Fisher & Ludlows factory

Better late than never - I've finally found the photos that I promised. I think this was around 1970, My Dad used to organise the F & L Pensioner outings as a Welfare Officer working for the Company. Fisher & Ludlow Snooker Team
Back