• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Midland Bank Bennetts Hill, Bham

Hello all, would anyone have any old bank (inside) pictures of the Midland Bank on Bennetts Hill? There are plenty of exterior pics, but no interior ones when it was a bank. Thanking you, Mike.
  2. D

Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external website)

Re: Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external websit No problem Judy, IE doesn't work with a few things. Hope you enjoy the pictures :)
  3. D

Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external website)

Re: Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external websit The history page has the slideshow button removed. The rest of the pages should have the slideshow button. Sometimes Internet Explorer is just pants though.
  4. D

Re: Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external websit you can click on the home page image which will take you through to the selly oak section. If you are using internet explorer, maybe try another browser? If you still have problems, could you tell me the...
  5. D

I was given access to the site over two days with permission from University Hospitals Birmingham and Coleman & Co. demolition group. Selly Oak Hospital started life as King's Norton Union Workhouse in 1872. Departments started to move from the site in 2010 into the new QE super hospital...
  6. D

Birmingham Institute Of Art & Design (biad) Gosta Green

Remember I said and not forgetting Art History Theoretical Studies department? Well I forgot to add it! So will put it in here before we move to the top floor and round to the Library. 83. Theoretical Studies was where you went to sleep….err…I mean learn… 84. The (Big) lecture theatre… 85...
  7. D

Now we move over to the other side of the complex towards the Interior Design, Fashion, Textiles, Architecture etc & not forgetting (although trying hard to), the Art History Theoretical Studies department. So lets start with the woodwork room on the ground floor. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63...
  8. D

The Grey Floor (Ground floor) The grey floor was mainly used for Graphic Design, Screen/Print works and Ceramics. The G/D rooms were all empty so no pics of them. The print workshop… 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. Storage boxes ready for the move… 53. The ceramics...
  9. D

20. Back towards the ‘yellow floor’… 21. The first (traditional) photography wise thing you come to is the dark room on the left. When I studied here, there was still a colour dark room on the opposite side of the corridor (now gone). If you have ever exposed paper in a colour cubicle room...
  10. D

[Picture update, thanks to all the replies] In 2002 I left college to persue a degree in Photography. I studied for 3 years at Birmingham’s Institute of Art & Design (part of the University of Central England at the time) at the Gosta Green campus, graduating in 2005. They were some of the best...
  11. D

[Photos added at the bottom!] Hello all, it has been a while since I have been here, but after a few hours of searching on the net I have come up with less than 4 lines of sketchy history of the Gosta Green Art & Design University that was once owned by BCU (UCE) but now owned by Aston Uni. I...
  12. D

Birmingham Central Library 2010 Pictures

Birmingham Central Library is one of the best buildings in Birmingham imo, its cold grey exterior hides an amazing architectural layout inside. I suppose it is a ‘Marmite’ building, some people love it and others hate it, well I love it and it will be a shame to see it go. The Library will be...
  13. D

Central Fire Station Hq

Some excellent images there, a real step back in history!
  14. D

Dudley Hippodrome (Pictures) - November 2010.

It's been a while since I have been on here but I though people would appreciate the pictures I took today of the old Dudley Hippodrome that was later used by Gala Bingo until it closed down a few years back. It is located virtually next door (on the same side of the road as) Dudley Zoo...
  15. D

Dudley rd police station

The Police haven't moved out of the area, they are just back from the crossroads towards the Texico garage in a brand new (bigger) police station.
  16. D

Longbridge underground tunnels

I think I will add my 2 cents worth of info, pictures and videos I have taken and gathered from Under Longbridge over the last 3 years. Regarding the open/not flooded bunkers and tunnels dotted around the factory, I have been in virtually all of them. I am not going to give out the...
  17. D

Vale Onslow Motor Cycles - Stratford Rd - Documentary Pictures

Some important notes that I must say: This is a working shop, it is still trading and open to the public, the owners gave me permission to document the workshops and trade area as well as everything else. The owners would not like other people coming in asking if they can take pictures, so...
  18. D

Central Fire Station Hq

Yes, well the next article will be about the River Rea and it's underground tunnels.
  19. D

Central Fire Station Hq

I take pictures for a local music newspaper (like the NME but free) and they have asked me to do a column on our 'Lost City' of Birmingham, I started the issue off with the Central Fire station, I have included a link to the large file so you can all read through it. Please tell me what you...
  20. D

New Series of Survivors, Mostly filmed in Birmingham, Starts 12th Jan 2010

so you have just seen this video then? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p005tq95 the cast are on the same website
Back