• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. MSGK

Kingstanding

Nice to see that picture as in the late 1950s I also worked at Bywaters, Mr Jones was the manager when I was there, also used to pop into the newsagent. used to love the roast pork we did at Bywaters. Mike
  2. MSGK

Ansells Brewery

What a great link to the Ansells history. Thanks for posting it
  3. MSGK

Kingstanding

Great clip topsyturvey thanks for that
  4. MSGK

Ansells Brewery

Re: The strike of 1981. Ken Bradly and Decklyn Smyth was the two names I recall from those days. Mike
  5. MSGK

Ansells Brewery

Hi the TIERNEYs names are Pat Tommy and Terry. Regards Mike
  6. MSGK

Ansells Brewery

Hi Tiggy, I remember both Kenny and Tony. Say hello to your dad from me, Just tell Mick Kitchen he will know me.
  7. MSGK

Enid Goodwin Dance School

Not sure , I think it was closed when they built the flats,the road might still be open from the other end of the road. Mike
  8. MSGK

Enid Goodwin Dance School

Hi, You are correct they was in Perry Barr , First they where on the Birhfield Road in a large house but the one you are talking about was in Livingstone road opposite the Odeon cinema. I was there in the late 50s and early 60s. Used to go to the Crown and cushion first for a quick pint. Mike
  9. MSGK

greengrocers

Hi, My late brother Alan worked for the Co-op in Kinstanding in the late 50s and he had a Greengrocers round on a lorry covering Shady Lane and area
  10. MSGK

Kingstanding

Hi Goffy You are correct with the bus route's but Rose's was in Rough Road which is now and has been for a time Lennon's store,the greengrocers opposite the police station was the Co-op I think I am correct with that. Mike
  11. MSGK

Boars Head Inn

Re: The boars head Hi the Boars head has been shut for about six to nine month's now just joined the long list of pub closures,What a pity. Mike
  12. MSGK

Petrol Price's

Hi, Just thought I would raise this one up again with the price at almost £1.20 litre, I was watching BBC Midland news today and there has been several petrol thefts in the area from parked cars,they have been drilling holes in the tank from under the car , so do not park in any remote place.. Mike
  13. MSGK

Shops Owned By Retired Footballers

Johnny Dixon had an hardware shop by the Yenton.
  14. MSGK

Ansells Brewery

HI, CHOCKS, i USED TO GO TO THE ROEBUCK IN ERDINGTON WITH YOUR MOM AND DAD,SPUD,FARMER DICK, BUNNY AND MANY MORE, THEY WHERE GREAT FRIDAY NIGHTS OUT. MIKE
  15. MSGK

Can someone do something with this please?

This is the the best I can do for you , I an sure someone will do better. Mike
  16. MSGK

Petrol Price's

Forget the price of petrol , looks like the electric car will be with us this year, Then watch the price of electric shoot up,better get the pedal bike out of the shed I think
  17. MSGK

A fantasic website for all parents and grandparents.

Hi, Just like to share this fantastic website with you all. https://portablenorthpole.tv/home Take a look at the demo and get your digital photo's at the ready. It is wonderful for the kids. Enjoy. Mike
  18. MSGK

Kingstanding

Another pastime game we used to play up the Gully was to get an old lorry tyre roll yourself up inside it and then roll down the hill , how on earth did we not break our necks but it was fun. Health an safety would not allow such games today .. Mike Ex Binstead Road
  19. MSGK

Live Premier League - Free!

Hi Try this one,save to your desk top and scroll your mouse over live channnels and select sport.It is better if you have a fast download speed. https://www.justin.tv/directory/featured
  20. MSGK

Birmingham Hospital Fund & Tyn-y-Coed

I was at the Blackwell house in the early 1950s about 52 if I remember correct, I think the house was called Green Gables I was there after recovering from Appendicitis , I can recall the village very well. Any one else been there.? Mike
Back