• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

peculiar change in keys on computer

Im sure if you ctrl tab it puts it back for you. I do this quite often Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. P

Coffee shop John Bright Street 1950-60's

Evening all, hope I'm popping this into the right subforum. Anyhow having a conversation with my mom and dad tonight about the places they dated when they was younger. They got stuck on the coffee shop they met at, they believe the name of the coffee shop was Valentia ( something along them...
  3. P

purple tomatoes

I'll have a try but mostly keep with the red ones as I'm used to it. Sent from my GT-I9000
  4. P

Still born twins

I'm trying to find some information on a possible burrial on twin boys between 1934-1945 under the last name of Foster. From what we know my grandmother was r-neg blood type and they was born blue at home. They did not survive and we dont know what happened to them after. They was born in the...
  5. P

Chelmsley Wood Pubs

Poker when I'm back in the Uk I'll scan the photo of my mother and her best friend in the forest before c-wood was built. Est 1950. Quite funny as she ended up moving there in the 1970 and is still there.
  6. P

Warwickshire additions to ancestry

The burial slips are searchable, Ive found 3 people so far. I only emailed the birmingham heraldry and genealogy 2 week ago about these documents. Even tho I never got a reply:p. Saves me a few quid tho.
  7. P

Foster

Yeah ive gone threw them this is bacisly my finial place to post really. I found my cousins on my dad side and i also found my dad cousins (two sets of cousins are not connect btw)
  8. P

Foster

Evening all. After 16 phones called it every N Foster i can see on the internet phone book im defeated.(And my phone bill as i live in Holland) Sorry if anyone here got my random phone call looking for a neal/niel Foster. I am currently looking for people from the Foster Birmingham Branch from...
  9. P

Longmeadow Girls School Shard End

My mom went to this school. I remeber as a child going past on the 55 bus and the school was no longer there, but my mother would always tell me about it. She must of been there between 1955 and 1960. Her name was Gillian Parsons if anyone remebers her.
  10. P

German Spy

Thank you for taking the time to look for me Suzanne. Hope something will come up one day about it.
  11. P

German Spy

Name: Cornelis Entrop DOB: 1922 in Utrecht, Netherlands/Holland Tried to find prisioners lists also. But there seems to be a lack of information on that also.
  12. P

German Spy

Evening all, We have a bit of a mistery and trying to work out where to look. I'm going to post this one of the big world war 2 forums also. But i know there is a few ww2 hisotians guy/gals who come on here too. Ok let the Page of spam start :D My partner who is dutch has a story from his...
  13. P

Claydon Business Handsworth

This might be a massive stab in the dark. While looking threw census's i seen my ggg grand father owned a business but does not state the name or address of business. When he passed away (1898) i can see from the 1901 census that it seems the wife had taken over the business. They lived on...
  14. P

John Thomas Stoke 1887

From the records i know John was born, lived and died in smethwick. From the records all children(including children after the war) where born in smethwick. So that might of been a different john or they jumped address in the war. It could of been him at the start of the war but we have a photo...
  15. P

John Thomas Stoke 1887

Thank you everyone. Its a shame that there is no record for him. From what im guessing that ist he right card. Im just looking the web to see if i can get more information for him. Thanks again for everyones help.
  16. P

Lucas employees

Hello, Im trying to find some photos from lucas's between 1966-184 when my farther Paul Foster worked there or any information from people who remeber him. He had red hair and might of been going bold at this point. Also i know of a story which my mother speaks about which i know would upset my...
  17. P

Is Mary Ann Rogers Mary Ann Stead ?

forgot to add if you don't have the ability to look at census's pm the details of the family and i will look for you as i'm able to see all uk documents.
  18. P

Is Mary Ann Rogers Mary Ann Stead ?

I know its a stab in the dark, but do you have the following census of Mary Ann stead? There might be a family member from the Rogers side staying with her at one point to prove the link.
  19. P

foster News agent - Cov road 1950-1962

Are you talking about the oweners from wh & m tobacconist? Or the people who took over after. The owners where my grand parents William Henry and Marie (W.H& M tob). I am the Youngest Daughter of their only son Paul. Its nice to see people remember the shop:D
  20. P

Gun Quarter - Proposed Name Change

posted and submitted.
Back