• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

WW1 medals J G Davis Royal Warwickshire Regiment - recovered 2007

It is sad when people have medals stolen or they are split up, often for scrap silver value. We collect medals and have done for years, trying to reunite split up pairs and research there history, many are local and we are always looking out for people who may want them back in a family. Often...
  2. M

Royal Warwickshire and Local regiments

Hi Myself and my husband have long collected medals and done family research, recently we have combined these to create The Weston Front (our surname is Weston!). We hope to bring the medals we have collected back to life with the stories of the heroic people that were awarded them. Its...
  3. M

A Promise kept to a Fallen Soldier 100 years on

Thank you, we have collected medals for sometime and have compiled a lot of local family and military research over the years. We wanted to share it as much as possible/ Each week we hope to cover a specific area and are starting with the Royal Warwickshire regiment as that is close to us. We...
  4. M

A Promise kept to a Fallen Soldier 100 years on

This is a truly lovely story. Myself and my husband are doing a blog and twitter fed focusing on the Royal Warwickshire regiment this week, would you be happy to share this wonderful story? www.lornamattweston.blogspot.co.uk @thewestonfront
  5. M

Research and medal stories

I have added today a blog about medals awarded to the Royal Warwickshire regiment, these medals had been seperated. My husband managed to reunite them and has since had them court mounted to ensure that they will never be parted again. We would love to hear stories about your own family, and...
  6. M

Thank you, I will let our twitter followers know about your book.
  7. M

Hi as a collector of local medals and a family researcher focusing on Birmingham myself and my husband have recently set up a twitter fed @thewestonfront and a blog www.lornamattweston.blogspot.co.uk we are focusing in the stories behind the medals we have bought and would love to share our...
  8. M

Weston Family

That is great, and maybe the right track. I know that in 1861 there is a Thomas Weston and Elizabeth Weston living in Birmingham, I believe their son Thomas Weston shows as being 6 years old. Thomas Senior is just shown as a jeweller. In 1871 Thomas senior is still working as a jeweller and...
  9. M

Weston Family

I am interested in any information regarding the surname Weston, particularly in the Jewellery Quarter area, Icknield Street etc. I have information on my ancestor Thomas Weston, who I believe may have been the son of Thomas Weston and Elizabeth Walton, he was born approx 1855. Thomas later...
  10. M

Tividale Tin Chapel

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm now trying to find out if a Thomas Weston and LOuisa Deakin actually married there, I have been unable to find any record of their wedding, some family members say they were not married others say they had seen a marriage certificate. Does anyone know where...
  11. M

Tividale Tin Chapel

HI Phil That is great, thank you. I wasn't sure if one exsisted or not. The people I believe got married there, I'm unable to find a marraige certificate for, the only information I have from a distant relative was that they married 'in the tin chapel Tividale', so to know that there was one...
  12. M

Tividale Tin Chapel

I have been told that there was a tin chapel in Tividale in approx 1875? I was wondering if anyone had any information on it, or where I might find any photos
  13. M

Zeppelin Raid -Tipton

I'm trying to verify a couple of family stories about the Zeplin raid in Tipton 1) William Willetts of Tipton was walking along owen street when the raid happened, he was so scared a coin that was in his hand flew out, and into the jaw of his friend he was walking with, this friend (don't know...
Back