• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. laraine

Witton Street

Good morning Does any one have any photos of Witton St, which ran off Garrison Lane ? Thanks Laraine
  2. laraine

White Swan Tavern, Allison St, Digbeth

Hi all Does anyone have any photos of the White Swan Tavern which stood on Allison Street, or know anything about its history & licence holders ? Thanks Laraine
  3. laraine

St Basil's Church, Digbeth War Memorial

I dont know if this has been posted before but its the War Memorial at St Basil's Church in Digbeth. My gt uncle George Twitty is named amongst those fallen, his brother Thomas Twittey also got killed in action but i dont know if his name is on a memorial anywhere else. Laraine
  4. laraine

Young john

Hi would anyone be able to help me find the death details for John Young please. I had a phonecall from Yardley Cemetary last week confirming that he was buried there on 31 January 1946 age 72 years. Ive trawled through Ancestry searching but there are no deaths in 1946 with the same age. Does...
  5. laraine

Lozells working mens club

Does anyone remember Lozells working mens club on Witton Road ? Well i think thats what it was called, if i remember it was more or less opposite the Aston Library on the corner of Albert Rd/ Witton Rd. I used to go to the kids Xmas parties that was held there, my grandad was on the committee...
  6. laraine

Bick / Twittey Alice Beatrice

Hi all, im constantly hitting a brick wall with this one ! Looking for the whereabouts of my gt grandmother Alice Beatrice Bick formerly Twittey in 1922/23. Her address on my nans birth certificate for Sept 1923 gives Curzon Place, Lower Darwin Street yet when i checked the electoral rolls she...
  7. laraine

Frederick Road, Aston before 1960

Hi all This is a bit of a long shot, im wondering if anyone out there has any photos of Frederick Road but the Aston Park end. My mom was born in a house backing onto the park, no 105 & although the houses in that stretch were knocked down a few years back, she would love to see if a photo...
  8. laraine

Baptism Look up Please

Hi can anyone help me im looking for my nans baptism records her name is Regina Florence Bick born 1923, i presume she was baptised at St Martins as she was born in Deritend. Thanks Laraine
  9. laraine

Birth before 1837

Could anyone help me please or give me some idea on how to find a birth or just the volume & page numbers, on someone born in Birmingham in 1834. Thanks
  10. laraine

Grimmett Charles Edward

Hi all im wondering if anyone out there can help me at all. I went to the Birmingham Central Library trying to locate my gt grandmother Alice Beatrice Bick & the address that she lived at in the electoral rolls. This address was 2 bk of 7, Curzon Place, Lower Darwin St....the address which is...
  11. laraine

Grocers Garrison Lane

Does anyone know of anybody called Twittey who had a grocers i think, in Garrison Lane in the 1940's ? Thanks.
  12. laraine

st basil's church.

Could anybody tell me where about in Deritend St Basils Church was & if it is still there. My great grandparents, Alfred Bick & Alice Twittey were married there in 1912. I would love to see a picture of what it used to look like if there is one available. Also was it used for burials ? Thanks.
  13. laraine

Twitty/Nash

Hi all can anyone help me find a marriage between George Twitty b.1865 & Mary Ann Nash b.1869, im not sure which part of Birmingham they are from, possibly Digbeth or Aston. Thanks.
  14. laraine

COOPER/ELLIS

Any information please on Claude Cecil or Cecil Claude Cooper who married Frances Ellis somewhere between 1900-1910 at a guess, and where they were living at that time. I think it was in the Aston/ Newtown area but i can't be too sure. Anything would be a help thanks. :-\
  15. laraine

Penn St Industrial School

Hi can anyone give me any info on Penn St Industrial School & of a person who was there called Alfred Bick according to the 1901 census. Thanks. :)
Back