• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Ansells Brewery

About twelve and a half years late Dave but it was an AEC Mandator....
  2. M

Ansells Brewery

About twelve and a half years late I know, the truck was an AEC Mandator....
  3. M

Moderators

Dear members, Please be advised that Wendy has only resigned her position as part of the admin team on this forum, she has NOT left the forum as a member, her membership has been terminated by admin for reasons only known to themselves. Perhaps someone from admin would explain why they have...
  4. M

Saltley & Alum Rock

Hello Harry, I do remember the run down, dusty old shop but I think it was called Wrights Hardware when I knew it, with Alaways Radio & Television shop on the opposite corner of Ralph Rd.
  5. M

Saltley & Alum Rock

Harry, If you walked up Ralph Rd from the Rock on the left hand side, you first walked past the rear of Alaways Radio & Television shop, you then came to a block of three terraced houses and the club was set back, attached to the third house. It was very small, not much bigger than the houses...
  6. M

Saltley & Alum Rock

In the photo my wife posted of the Coronation party outside Norton Hall post #227,that's me on the front row, third right from the centre display, at the tender young age of 8.
  7. M

Saltley & Alum Rock

Hi Harry, I lived next door but one to the East B'ham Trades and Labour Club in Ralph from 1945 to 1959 and my late father was a member there. It was at number 8 Ralph Rd, It's still there but it has been converted to a residence.
  8. M

Sladefield Road School.

Some photo's of my class and teachers at Sladefield Road Secondry Modern School 1959.
  9. M

Stickers in rear windows

They're still about. Two weeks before Xmas I was following an old Fiesta with an oldish white haired chap driving (nothing wrong with that!) but the sticker in the back window read " Actually I can go slower" Brilliant - I want one........
  10. M

Ansells Brewery

If I remember correctly, I used to deliver Co2 three times a week to Ansells Brewery in that motor back in the early 70's. Sorry Richard, it isn't a Leyland Daf, Dave was right - it' an AEC Mandator.......
  11. M

Ansells Brewery

Why is everyone looking at my Missus? Come on lads, that motor was my pride and joy. Why hasn't anyone noticed how clean and tidy it was. the interior was polished up to the 9's and didn't anyone notice the piece of fitted carpet under those white knee length boots. Here's a question -...
Back