• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

No 12 BUS ROUTE

We have recently come into possession of a picture taken in 1957 of a no. 12 bus in the city centre. What has us perplexed is the destination board 'Oakworth and Bartley Green'. Can anyone shed a light on where Oakworth could be or was? Many thanks.
  2. L

O. Clarke, Stonemason Selly Oak

I don't know if I am in the 'right year' but wonder if anyone can assist. A kerbstone from a grave has recently been uncovered and we are trying to ascertain an approx. year of the burial. There is no memorial as to who is buried in the Plot, nor on the Graveyard Plan or the burial register...
  3. L

Lashbrooks Ltd, Northfield

I wonder if anyone can tell me when this company closed or where they moved to. The company was the official photographers for Church magazines in Bartley Green. A man named Ken Taylor also took photos for the same. It would be terrific if we could locate the originals! Many thanks. Maureen
Back