• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. smithy

where is she buried

Hya all I have a death cert for Emily Hannah Smith Age 41 17th august 1909 Aston Union Workhouse I know hannah was in there as she was a widow.Her children were there also. She had lots of family around her so I am hoping some...
  2. smithy

re- Army number

Hya all Any help appreciated.:rolleyes: I have a William Ingram , his number appears to be 42250, but it has the letters K.L.S.I. Havnt got a clue what these mean, can anyone shed a light on this. He is living at 1ct Barrack street 1. Thanks
  3. smithy

henry eric smart re-divorce

I do hope this is in the right place. Would anyone be able to tell me how to find out about a possible divorce and or re -marriage. Would I be able to get information from the library (birmingham) or do I need to go elsewhere? My grandfather thomas charles smart was married and lived at 129...
  4. smithy

farmer

Hya all would be lovely if some kind person could give me any information concerning this picture of these lovely young ladies. We know for certain one of them is a lillian farmer. I do have the birth certificate and I know for certain she never married.
  5. smithy

stallard

Hope some kind person has any information about :( A Bernard Stallard. Bernard lived in Phillimore road I think this is of Washwood Heath RD. This is the last known address of Bernard. Any help would be much appreciated
  6. smithy

baptism-look up

If possible look up st. martins for Albert edward smith 1866 1867. father Thomas smith. (definate) Possibel mother phoebe ?:rolleyes: have not got much else of birth Thank you
  7. smithy

re-photographs

Hya all many thanks for help in the past. I have now managed to obtain this postcard/front and back of our THOMAS SMITH. Would love to hear any imput. Initial information that he was a policeman, but I have every reason that this is not correct.:redface: The police museum have informed me that...
  8. smithy

stechford hall

Is it possible anyone could help identify what STECHFORD HALL WARD END 1925 What could this place possibly be. At this time or any other time.:rolleyes: any help appreciated thanks
  9. smithy

smith louisa

Hya all I have a louisa smith born app.1893 have sent for a couple of certs as I do know fathers name is thomas smith. But no luck on this so far. However I am now looking for a marriage for our Louisa smith. I have a louisa dodd living with a thomas smith ( her brother??)in 1920 in Garrison...
  10. smithy

Viner Harriet

I would really appreciate any help. Harriet Viner born abt 1845 in Dudley. I know she also had a sister Amelia Viner probably 2 years older than Harriet. Their fathers name was Edward Viner. many thanks
  11. smithy

Farmer-james

please, is it possible for anyone to help. I have JAMES FARMER marriage to HARRIET VINER 1871 AMBLECOTE TRINITY CHURCH. I have the family address in 1891 dudley. If possible a 1901 census or details. Many thanks in anticipation
  12. smithy

re smiths

Hya ALL :) :D Have found my John Sydney Smith in the 1918 absent voters. He is listed as John S smith now what on earth is all of this, 73176 Bdr, D199 Bde, RFA. Found on (PAGE 9) and listed also under Garrison Street any help appreciated
  13. smithy

Aston Union Workhouse

Hya all My husbands grandmother (Emily Hannah Smith nee Wilcox) ended her days in this place. I have found out that she was a widow and died of Diabetes in 1909. The children were evidently with her. Would anyone be able to help me with a) Is there a register of the dates of entrance and...
  14. smithy

smith Garrison street

I am looking for any information concerning john sydney smith, beatrice smith nee bradnock. Son Frank Joseph smith born 1925. The Smith lived at various houses in Garrison Street from 1902. Any info appreciated
Back