• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Royal Warwickshire 1/8 Battalion

My great grandfather also served in this batallion - he was killed at the Somme in July 1916. Alfred Joseph John Bragg - Pvt 2863. May they all rest inm peace.
  2. B

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

My great grandfather also served in this regiment and was killed in action in the Somme in July 1916. Amazing to know he could be in a picture out there somewhere. Alfred Joseph John Bragg Private 2863. RIP
  3. B

Clements family

A very late response to this - i have a marriage to a Clements in my family. My paternal grandmother became Rose ( Rosina) Clements in 1954 ish - she married Michael Nugent Clements. This was her second marriage. They did not have any children as she had 3 from her first marriage and she was...
  4. B

Draper / Bragg Family

Huge thanks to every one that assisted me - it seems as though i have come to the end of the road on this now though but I know soooo much more than I did and it is all beacause of YOU! Thank you
  5. B

Draper / Bragg Family

Thank you Suzanne - you are officially my new best friend! lol
  6. B

Draper / Bragg Family

mikejee - thats my greatgrandmother and great aunt elsie! Plus my unlce malc and auntie ruth :0) Thank you
  7. B

Draper / Bragg Family

Working from the ifo provided earlier - It may not mean anything, but there is only 1 person listed in the 1901 census in Warwickshire as Rosina E, and that is Rosina E Tompkins (1 year) , born London., living at 6 Firs Terrace, Dolobran Road, sparkbrook Others in household were; Arthur...
  8. B

Draper / Bragg Family

Suzanne - you are a legend! Thank you so much! I am in little family tree heaven here today! I am still struggling with Rosina (Tompkins) / Bragg - I cannot find a marriage anywhere so may have to order a death certificate in the hope that it will have a maiden name on it :o) Astonian - I have...
  9. B

Draper / Bragg Family

Oh gosh! Thank you! Tears flowing!! Astonian - the picture is here for you - Dad is the lanky one on the far right! sadly he passed away in 1997, aged just 61 :o( He was and still is my hero! I shall follow up all of these wonderful leads and let you know how I get on! Thank you thank you...
  10. B

Draper / Bragg Family

Hello all, I am very new to this so apologise if I am posting in the wrong place.....I am looking for some help. My dad's family were all from Birningham but very little is known about them so I am doing some digging so that my daughter doesn't end up in teh same boat one day! So far i know...
  11. B

Station Road Secondary Modern School, Harborne.

A very belated reply to this thread. My father attended Station Road and I have found a number of photos of him in the football team there - one is dated 1950 (Nov) it also apprears on teh school website. His name was Michael Draper.
Back