• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. judith allport

Ancestry.com -- is there a better site forworldwide research?

I put all relevant details into Ancestry yet they keep on coming up with irrelevant dates and persons. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better website? eg Henry Alexander Meredith from Dublin dob 1880 traveled to NZ in early 1900's?
  2. judith allport

Buying a good webcam and how many MB does a 1 hr call via Skype use up?

Hello everyone. I need a good webcam with a built in microphone. I have a pair of speakers. Presumably I don't need headphones. Can someone give me some ideas. I use windows 7. I had thought that the Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 might be a good one. Has anyone got this one? I have also been...
  3. judith allport

McClures of Killinchy Co Down and New Zealand

I have been trying to find out information relating to the parents and siblings of David McClure who died 19.06.1890. I also cannot find his dob. He married ? 16.11.1832 a Jane Craig and arrived in Lyttleton NZ on 7.01.1862. He had 4 or more children including William c 1834, George...
  4. judith allport

Allport Family

Albert James William Allport emigrated from UK to Canada in 1904. I dont know his exact dob or death but he was born c 1879. He married Fannie Louisa Arrowsmith in 1910 in Canada. I don't know when or where she died but she was born c 1877 in England. Any help gratefully appreciated.
  5. judith allport

Allport Albert James & Fanny Loisa Arrowsmith children/grandchildren?

Albert was born in 1879 and Fanny in 1877. He arrived on 30.09.1904 in Montreal from Liverpool and married Fanny on 07.07.1910. Albert's father was James William allport b 30.06.1850 and he married Annie E Herring born c 1855 in 1878(1st marriage). Can anyone help me please as I am hitting a...
  6. judith allport

Cannot watch tv programmes using IE 9; also cannot bring up images on google

I have internet explorer 9 with Windows 7; I also use Firefox. I can download films etc with Firefox but not IE. It tells me i need to enable Javascript. The problem is Java script is enabled. Help please.
  7. judith allport

Cannot see gadgets on my desktop THEREFORE CANNOT OPEN THEM. AlsoBBC I player problem

Pl can someone help me. I usedc to have gadgets such as clock, weather etc but now they are not visible only a slight trace of a few lines here and there where the clock is. I have the latest edition of Flash Player. Also on IE when i try and watch a video via I player it tells me to enable...
  8. judith allport

Internet Explorer 9

I have Windows 7 but when I press start programs I notice I have Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64bit. Can I remove 1 of them or should they both be there?:05.18-flustered:
  9. judith allport

Javascript:void(0)

Every time I try to open a video on Google News using IE I cannot open it and the m,essage above comes up. Help.
  10. judith allport

William and Annie Hardie ,Passenger list look up please

My grandparents William and Annie Hardie emigrated to NZ leaving England in ? late 1908. They had their 3 children with them john, Jessie and Cath who were 8, 10 and6 years old. William was born 17.05.1875 in Birkenhill, Elgin. Annie was born 02.01.1871 in Glasgow. I am trying to trace the...
  11. judith allport

My computer is slow playing games

How can I stop losing lives when I play games. I have Windows 7. Help please.
  12. judith allport

The Dukes Children

A Trollope masterpiece. Best one I've read. Now starting The Prime Minister.
  13. judith allport

Reynolds married two Ames!! What a monkey puzzle.

;);)John Ames married Priscilla M Reynolds in Islington in Sep 1924. Alec Ashley Ames b 1878 married Elizabeth Marsh in Islington Sept 1925 (his 2nd marriage). They had a child Joan E Ames in 1927. I dont know if the last marriage ended in divorce as I cannot see a death for Elizabeth. A child...
  14. judith allport

St Georges Church Edgbaston

Does anyone know if Canon Bradley is still the vicar there? He married us 28 years ago. It was a beautiful church and he was a fantastic vicar.
  15. judith allport

Birch - Whatever happened to June?

June was born on 02.04.1933 in Birmingham to William John Birch and Ivy Julia North. We dont know if she married and if so whether she had any children. Is she still alive? We want to make contact with her if she is. Probably born in Aston. The only marriage I can find is for a June E c Birch to...
  16. judith allport

Hardie- Murdoch connection?

My ggggg grand parents were William Hardie and Margaret Murdoch They were married 01.01.1740 on Alves Moray. I am trying to find out their birth and death dates and who their children were apart from Alexander who was born 24.02.1745. There is a ? Isabel 17.08.1752. Can anyone help please.
  17. judith allport

Gedcoms

What do I need to do to read a Gedcom which is being sent to me on a CD? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.:confused2:
  18. judith allport

Drummonds- from the Glasgow area

I am trying to obtain details of my great great grandparents but not getting anywhere fast. William Drummond married Ann Brown. At the time of their son Colin's wedding in 1865 William was deceased. Colin was born in about 1841 ain Appin Argyllshire. I suspect there were more siblings but? who...
  19. judith allport

Herring Annie E

Annie E Herring married the above in the 3rd quarter of 1878 in Birmingham. Does anyone know her dob or whether she was single at the time of marriage? i think she died in 1904. Many thanks.:angel:
  20. judith allport

Birch - Who was Catharine? Help please

William Birch married Catharine ? She is noted on the 1861 census as being 20 and having two children John (5) and Sampson(4), so if the info is correct she married very young. William Birch was 27 at the time of the census and lived at Rising Sun Pub,Park Lane Oldbury.
Back