• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

New web site dedicated to Birmingham and the West Midlands in the Great War

Hope this does not appear twice. I thought I posted it yesterday! www.alantuckersfirstworldwarpages.co.uk/
  2. A

Abrams or Abraham's munitions

The National Roll of the Great War Birmingham volume gives details of 130 women workers. A few are stated to work at Abrams Washwood Heath, or Abraham's Munition Works, Saltley, or Abrams, Lander (Landor?) Street. Anyone shed any light on these?
  3. A

Birmingham Great War Trail appeal

A while back I started a thread to get some reaction to the Centenary of the Great War in 1914. The Birmingham branch of the Western Front Association has started to collect information on Birmingham sites relevant to the period 1914-1918. We currently have 112. We may have missed some. War...
  4. A

Centenary of the Great War - August 4 2014

I would like to generate some ideas as to how the Great War should be commemorated in the city and environs on that date and afterwards. 2014 will arrive all too quickly. I have plenty of ideas of my own but would like to hear what other people think before I take my next step in an official...
  5. A

First World War Brummie diary now on the web

Tom Morgan has just posted my material on Captain Arthur Impey, 79th Bde, RFA on his Hellfire Corner web site(google Tom Morgan to find it). Impey lived in Longbridge and his brother was a co-founder of Kalamazoo.
Back