• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. planetearthisblue

Trying to find Berry Mound

The census gives his address as Berry Mound,Shirley my guess thats what he called it. Berry Mound Farm was just the other side of the Millpool which I’ll post about another day
  2. planetearthisblue

The orange dot shows the location of Eardley's "castle" on Perterbrook Road with view to the south west of Berry Mound. Warren House just up the hill was home to solicitors Chattell
  3. planetearthisblue

Eardley's house (on the right) in Peterbrook Road
  4. planetearthisblue

Stanbury Eardley lived in Peterbrook Road Solihull Lodge, from his window he would have great view of the Iron Age hill fort Berry/Bury Mound/Mount. I read that he bought Swanshurst Farm with a view to rebuilding it, naming it Berry Mound. I do have a photo of his house in Peterbrook Road that...
  5. planetearthisblue

Happy Valley Pleasure Grounds

Walter Lea junior lived at Good Rest Farm. His wife died in 1921 and was buried in Yardley Wood churchyard. Birmingham Daily Gazette 01/09/1921
  6. planetearthisblue

The "proprietor" Walter Lea had a racehorse called "Happy Valley Lass" here at Wolverhampton September 1919
  7. planetearthisblue

Presumably the Chippendales of their day, Will Morris' Pierrots were regular performers at Happy Valley Tea Rooms and Leisure Grounds throughout the First World War
  8. planetearthisblue

Very good . I’ve not seen that one before
  9. planetearthisblue

Birmingham Priestley Riots

Is there a written history of the Taylor dynasty ?
  10. planetearthisblue

Maypole Memories

of course my mistake
  11. planetearthisblue

Maypole Memories

Why is "Stotfold Road" spelled Stot Fold Road both on maps and it's roadsigns ? There is a nearby Cotfold Road.
  12. planetearthisblue

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Opposite the British Oak
  13. planetearthisblue

VE Day on Arlington Road, Yardley wood

Do you still have those pictures ? Berry Mound was used by the Home Guard in WW2
  14. planetearthisblue

VE Day on Arlington Road, Yardley wood

Not an AA site but I read this morning on an archeological site that Berry Mound was used by the 24th Battalion Home Guard (Moseley) during WW2, but that's all it says.
  15. planetearthisblue

Chamberlain Square - The Changing Face

Hi Stitcher , did Chamberlain have a statue in the square ?
  16. planetearthisblue

Birmingham boxers?

Anyone remember Teddy Haynes ? https://teddyhaynes.blogspot.co.uk/
  17. planetearthisblue

Calthorpe Park

100 years taller
  18. planetearthisblue

Calthorpe Park

The monkey puzzle tree on the right of this picture is still there, but of course nearly 100 years taller
  19. planetearthisblue

Calthorpe Park

The monkey puzzle tree on the right of this picture is still there, but of course nearly 100 years taller
Back