• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Wellhead lane buses

Can anyone please identify the two buses (probably Daimlers) behind CVP 172 Thanks for any help
  2. T

Bus stops

We all know Red plate was compulsory; Blue by request. However, can anyone give information on a yellow plate.It has been on my mind that I did see one. It was exactly the same as the blue ones except yellowish. It was mounted on one of the old poles, that is on top, I think there was no to/from...
  3. T

Mysterious manoeuvre ……

Sorry David, I have no idea. Only suggestion I have is that the driver made an "oops".
  4. T

Mysterious manoeuvre ……

No, Lea Hall never provided buses for the Outer Circle. The main suppliers were: Acocks Green, Perry Barr/Birchfield Road, Harborne and there is some discussion about Quinton, but I must admit I never recall seeing a Quinton bus (at least in the late 50's early 60s).Of course in the case of a...
  5. T

Log 302

Just watched a BBC program called WPC 56. Shortly after opening shots 3002 shown running along street. Glad to see City of Birmingham emblem on side BUT route destination 11 CITY. Believe series set in mid 50s. At least they could have had a better route destination. Also later rear...
  6. T

Birmingham buses

Here is another shot of 1383 leaving Quinton I believe
  7. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

In response to post 191, 252 was actually withdrawn in 1975 and subsequently sold to Barnsley in January 1976. The only possibles that meet his suggestions are 2908 and 2932 (retired 1976), or 2901,2902, 2903, 2905, 2906, 2931, 2034 or 2939 retired 1977, although of course there are many other...
  8. T

Midland Red Around Birmingham.

re ragga photo #1 - I think Bristol St incorrect, probably Horsefair based on see https://www.macearchive.org/archive.html?Title=3247
  9. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

I have a "grainy picture" of 2833,2824 and 2044 on an outing I believe to Stourport on Severn. Nothing of 2852 I'm sorry
  10. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

re picture 2 on 139 Washwood Heath for sure... is second part of another picture of retired buses. I'll dig the first part up. Clue us 2150 in this picture also other..which is now attached
  11. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

Picture #2: I would hazard a guess that the bus has crossed Priory Road heading into town. The block of flats is actually "The Wicket Towers" located Priory Road/Pershore Road.
  12. T

No 12 BUS ROUTE

I have to agree with Oakworth, despite the lack of finer detail. No way it is California or Harborne. Interesting the bus is 2479 which originally was part of the Miller St group brought in to replace the trams in 1953, moved to Harborne after the intros of the BON C/FOC D series to Miller St...
  13. T

No 8 Bus Route

There were in the late 1950's clocks Clockwise Sherlock St after turning off Belgrave Rd, I think Ivy Bush, outside Hockley Garage,Satley, and I though maybe one on Golden Hillock Rd. Anti Clockwise Outside Highgate Rd Garage, I think also on Golden Hillock Rd further down from the clockwise...
  14. T

Omnibuses -

I also have a great interest in Birmingham Transport, although living in the wilds of Southern Alberta, just north of the Montana border.
  15. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

Re post 83 Wasn't this 3385 - I remember seeing it at Tyburn Road, was a heck of a mess.
  16. T

28 bus route

the 28 route was covered by Liverpool St and Highgate Road. After Highgate Rd was closed, it appears Lea Hall also got involved. Of the pictures I've been through, these are my thoughts" 2428,1925,1888,1890 and 2859 Liverpool St 1783,2832,1809 Lea Hall. 2428 is the best picture I have,all the...
  17. T

Book: Birmingham Buses Route by Route 1925-1975

Got mine from the Book Depository for 19.83 including express postage to Canada
  18. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

The interesting thing about 2645 is it was one fitted with the illuminated side panel, the only other one of the early Daimlers was 2762. Most of the illuminated panels went on on a lot of MOF guys and quite a few JOJ guys,based Miller St, Washwood Heath, Acocks Green and Quinton. 2645 was...
  19. T

28 bus route

based on this picture of 2428, I would say 99.999% certain
  20. T

Mof 215 (3215)

Thanks Frothblower - I have this was hoping for something much clearer....... I'm sure something will turn up eventually. I have patience....
Back