• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Chocolate Chumps - Poor Jessie Blake.

Found this in an old book about the history of Sweets. Never heard about it before, thought someone might find it interesting.
  2. C

Thats That Done With Then !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/8029948/First-World-War-officially-ends.html
  3. C

Picture Palace

Theres a postcard for sale on ebay, picture of the Picture Palace, Small Heath collapse in Feb 1914. Not something I have heard of before, anyone on here know of it ? Wont post the picture as its not fair on the person who wants £75 for it. But the ebay item No. is 370320575824 Always...
  4. C

Redhill Hay Mills.

Has the Redhill pub in Hay Mills always been called the Red hill ? Reason I ask, is that I drove past the other day, and noticed that there is some script written around the walls 'St George for England' or something like that - but hard to make it out, especially as I was driving at the time.
  5. C

Where is this, not a quiz - I aint got a clue

Anybody recognise this pic, its been on my hard drive for ages. Got no idea where it came from.
  6. C

WW1 Death Certificate.

Hope this is not too daft a question. If a person died ( not KIA or of wounds ) while in serving in France during WW1. Would a death certificate have been issued, with a cause of death, other than on his service record, and if so, where could I find a copy ?
  7. C

Big spanner

Does anybody have a picture of the big spanner - T.W.Williams or King Dick advertisment I think - That used to be at the top of the hill in Cattell Rd, next to the entrance to the Blues ground ? No one seems to remember it, but I's sure it was there, I used to see it every day.
Back