• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Fever hospitals in Birmingham 1930's

My mom working as fever nurse Little Bromage 1943
  2. E

Little Bromwich Hospital

Little Bromwhich hospital is now the heartlands in Birmingham. My mom was a fever nurse and worked there in 1943 onwards.
  3. E

Burton Charles

Re: Looking for information on Charles Burton Thanks a lot Bren will check it out.
  4. E

Burton Charles

I'm looking for information on a Charles Burton who married Elizabeth Wainwright, Elizabeth was previously married and had two children Lizzie and Zeph they went on to have a son Charles and a daughter Mary Anne, my grandmother. I think they lived in the Aston area of Birmingham for a time. I...
  5. E

Food

Frizets Hello Pete and Alf Thanks for your replies. The answer bank was great, I shall be using that site often. I've been trying for ages to find out about Frizets, the recipe if possible, my dad loved them and is always on about them I would love to be able to make him some, who knows...
  6. E

Food

Does anyone remember " Frizettes " It came as a powder in a box which you mixed with a little water and then spooned into a frying pan with a little lard to make fritters which you ate with Bacon and eggs. The taste was wonderful they were so tasty either hot or cold. Over the years I have tried...
  7. E

Perry Barr Shopping Precinct 1960-9, Lynton Sq

re old Perry Barr shopping centre :) I used to work in Lynton square Perry Barr from 1969 to 1971. Boots the chemist 4 Lynton square the photos brought back some good memories . I remember the fly over being built, one day a truck carrying hot bitumin turned over spilling its load of hot tar...
Back