• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. G

Wandsworth Electrical - Ludgate Hill 1930's

Hi Johnny, it has been a while since you shared your grand fathers details with me. I was wondering if you had any old photo's of your grandfather at the Wandsworth factory, or your uncle even? Regards Gary
  2. G

Many thanks for sharing your personal photo's with me John, it is much appreciated and hopefully when get around to producing our 'company history book' we will send you a copy. Out of interest, what was your grandfathers date of birth? Gary
  3. G

Hi John, No problem and no rush - we are busy trying to find out if our product was used on the Titanic now :-). Enjoy your meal - Happy Easter! Gary
  4. G

Hi, what a great story! I don't suppose you have any old photo's of your grandfather that you can share with us do you?
  5. G

MEM Tyseley

Hi old mother goose, I worked at MEM from 1979 and left in 1986 - I took a 5 year apprenticeship there and then moved over to the Kings Road factory before leaving to join Wandsworth Electrical where I am now MD. I worked in every shopfloor and office department during my apprenticeship -...
  6. G

Calling all ex employees of Wandsworth Electrical prior to 1955

Hi, I am the current MD of Wandsworth Electrical Limited and I am trying to trace anyone who has connections with the company when it started life off in Brum in 1905 up till it relocated to Surrey in 1955. It started life in St. Mary Street, Ludgate Hill, Kenyon Street and finally Frederick...
  7. G

Hi, I am the current MD of Wandsworth Electrical Limited and I am trying to trace anyone who has connections with the company when it started life off in Brum in 1905 up till it relocated to Surrey in 1955. It started life in St. Mary Street, Ludgate Hill, Kenyone Street and finally Frederick...
  8. G

61-64 Ludgate Hill, Birmingham

I managed to track down a Paul Tucker who is the grandson of the original founder of JH Tucker - he is now a Director of Cronexrabo in Gloucestershire - I am meeting up with him in the near future - he has lots of photo's of Tuckers factory etc.
  9. G

Hi Mike, so following the thread from the beginning it looks like Wandsworth Electrical occupied the buildings in Ludgate Hill from 1908 - 1932, then moved to Kenyon St until 1940 when they moved to Frederick St and then moved to Surrey between 1950 - 1955. Any idea who owns the Ludgate Hill...
  10. G

One other thing - I believe Wandsworth Electrical was born out of a company called JH Tucker and another person who left that company started Crabtree Electrical!
  11. G

Thanks for your replies. I believe Wandsworth Electrical was always the name of the company and it was named afetr the birthplace of one of the 3 founders - hence "Wandsworth"! The articles of the company suggest that it was probably registered in 1905 in Birmingham and the story goes that we...
  12. G

Hi Michael, I am the current Sales Director of The Wandsworth Group Limited (formerly Wandsworth Electrical Limited). We are now based in Woking, Surrey but company history tells us that we started life off in the Jewellery Quarter area of Birmingham. Our history is something we are very...
Back