• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Sutton James H

:redface: Hello Brainy Brummies, as my brain is almost dead I need some help with this one please. My second cousin Gladys Griffiths married a James Ha Sutton in 1934. Obviously I wasnt born then!!!!! The family story went:- Jimmy Sutton died in a Motor Cycle accident in the T.T. Races on the...
  2. J

Rowe George

:redface: Hi all you intelligent Brummies, my cousin and I have been searching for George Rowe from Winchester, date early 1800. If anyone could help we would be so very grateful. As we have been looking for George for 20years a few more weeks wouldnt hurt!!!:rolleyes: JoanH
  3. J

Workhouse Solihull

Hi, I wonder, after reading all the messages about the Workhouses of Birmingham if anyone can help me. I have just found out with the aid of 1911 census that my father was in the Instutional Workhouse Solihull nr Birmingham (as it was then). He was not on the 1901 census with his mother but on...
  4. J

Matthew Hunt

Hi Gillian, its so good to know there are intelligent [people out there, Ive only been doing this searching 18mnths so have so much to lean. Firstly I would like to see where my dad was living between 1920-30 his name was Matthew Edward Victor Hunt, unfortunately I understand that he did some...
  5. J

Frederick Griffiths

Hi Gillian, its so good to know there are intelligent [people out there, Ive only been doing this searching 18mnths so have so much to lean. Firstly I would like to see where my dad was living between 1920-30 his name was Matthew Edward Victor Hunt, unfortunately I understand that he did some...
  6. J

Christ Church School Sparkbrook

I wonder if there are any Birmingham people who would remeber the Infant and Junior school facing Farm Road Sparkbrook Birmingham. I was a pupil there about 1941 and wondered if it was possible to aquire records of the pupils who attended. A Uncle of mine who was 6 yrs my senior was at that...
  7. J

Hunts

:rolleyes: Here I go again, begging for help from intelligent brummies. :redface: Llyod kindly gave me info. on Scholefield Street in connection with a Hunt Wm Edward Victor. Can someone please tell me how on earth I get in e;ectorial rolls for the 20s. I have tried Genes and Ancestry...
  8. J

Hunts

:explode: hELLO TO ALL THE WONDERFUL BIRMINGHAM PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIED THEIR VERY BEST TO HELP ME TRACE THE DREADFUL HUNT FAMILY. LOVELY JUDY 39 GAVE ME USEFUL INFORMATION WITH REGARDS TO LILIAN MAUD HUNT BUT UNFORTUNATLY AFTER ATTEMPTING TO GET A MARRIAGE CERT FOR HER, IT WAS THE WRONG HUNT...
  9. J

Elizabeth Hunt born Wolverhampton 1852

:) I am hoping very much someone may see this and knpow something about Elizabeth, she married a Richard Edward Hunt and had numerous children. In 1901 she was living at 5 Percy Road Sparkhill Birmingham, It would be nice to know something about her before she married I thinkl her maiden name...
  10. J

Camp Hill and Sandy Lane Birmingham

Camp Hill and Sandy Lane Birmingham :shocked:After searching for the past two years I would be shocked if someone could find some old photos of Sandy Lane and the Ship Pub Camp Hill before they were demolished for the dual carriageway.:rolleyes:any messages could be sent to my e.mail address...
  11. J

JoanH

Does anyone have old photo or map of the area Sandy Lane, off Camphill Stratford Road. I am not sure when these little houses were demolished but my Gran lived in one of them and I would love to re-cap on old memories;)
  12. J

Griffiths May and Irene Samson (nee Griffiths

Does anyone no the where-abouts of mAY Griffiths and her sister Irene Samson(nee Griffiths) All help would be appreciated. JoanH:rolleyes:
Back