• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Genes Reunited

Hi, if you are a Genes Member and your tree is on it, you can go into their Tree through the space above. Also Hot Matches are a good source of matching up and through that you can send messages, No need to Up Grade. JoanH:)
  2. J

Lozells

Re: Lozells and Griffiths Hi, I am also following the Griffiths Path and wondered if there maybe a connection. My Grandfather was Edward Ernest Griffiths he died in 1911 and his Widow Harriot married his brother Frederick in 1923. Does this mean anything to you? JoanH
  3. J

Sutton James H

Thank youBrummie, but no that wasnt my Sutton. Mine married in 1934 so it would have had to have been in the very late 40s or early 50s when he died. Now for another puzzle:redface: How on earth do you find out if a person left England? I have been trying to find Lilian Maud Hunt 1882 for 3yrs...
  4. J

Sutton James H

Thank yiou Brummie, but no that wasnt my Sutton. Mine married in 1934 so it would have had to have been in the very late 40s or early 50s when he died. Now for another puzzle:redface: How on earth do you find out if a person left England? I have been trying to find Lilian Maud Hunt 1882 for 3yrs...
  5. J

Sutton James H

:redface: Hello Brainy Brummies, as my brain is almost dead I need some help with this one please. My second cousin Gladys Griffiths married a James Ha Sutton in 1934. Obviously I wasnt born then!!!!! The family story went:- Jimmy Sutton died in a Motor Cycle accident in the T.T. Races on the...
  6. J

Rowe George

Re: George Rowe & Dreaded Hunts Hello Lloyd, thank you so much for your encouragement and the addresses you forwarded for me. I have tried Find My Past which I believe is affiliated to 1911 and do have small credit on there. Trouble was I waited over 10 mins for the green block to fill up, got...
  7. J

Rowe George

Re: George Rowe and Hunt Hello Lloyd, thank you so much for the instant reply and information you have given me. Perhaps now I will be able to solve a few mysteries:rolleyes:. No doubt you have realised not all Brummies are clever, perhaps its the past years drinking Scrumpy that has addled the...
  8. J

Rowe George

Re: George Rowe :) Hello Llyod, thank you so much for the information you so kindly looked up, you certainly know the business. I forwarded it all onto my cousin in Kent who has been searching for 20 years, and it certainly lookes like a hit:D However, I do wonder how you managed to track...
  9. J

Rowe George

Re: George Rowe :redface: Hello Alberta, as usual this very dumb ex-brummie didnt go far enough back with the date for George Rowe. After conferring with my cousin, she thinks its nearer 1800 and not Winchesterr but Stockbridge (whereever that is) so I do apologise for time wasting. But should...
  10. J

Rowe George

Re: George Rowe :grinsmile:Hi to both Lloyd and Alberta, both were so quick to answer my query on George Rowe. I will contact my cousin to ensure there is a link. Many thanks :D JoanH
  11. J

Rowe George

:redface: Hi all you intelligent Brummies, my cousin and I have been searching for George Rowe from Winchester, date early 1800. If anyone could help we would be so very grateful. As we have been looking for George for 20years a few more weeks wouldnt hurt!!!:rolleyes: JoanH
  12. J

Help for a newbie please.

Hi, I have been able to go back to the 1600 with my families, Im doing 3. I founf the Church of the Latter Day Saints a good way of getting free info. you also get the pedigree and families so you can go back a long way. It is of course Family Search but going through the Church there is no...
  13. J

Workhouse Solihull

Hello Bonjalu, many thanks for the information. I had thought that Solihull Insitute and merged with Selly Oak and that records were at the Central Library Birmingham. I will give Solihull a ring and hope they have some information, even if its passing me to somewhere else. I had a similar...
  14. J

Workhouse Solihull

Hi again, just ried the solihull library but yahoo cannot connect with outlook. Joanh
  15. J

Workhouse Solihull

hI, MANY THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION YOU GAVE ME AND THE ADDRESSES TO CONTACT. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT SOLIHULL AMALGAMATED WITH SELLY OAK AT SOME POINT AND LOOKING AT THE POTHER ADDRESS YOU GAVE, THE INFORMATION COULD BE AT THE BIRMINGHAM CENTRAL LIBRARY. AS FATHERS NAME IS ON THE 1901 CENSUS...
  16. J

Workhouse Solihull

Hi, I wonder, after reading all the messages about the Workhouses of Birmingham if anyone can help me. I have just found out with the aid of 1911 census that my father was in the Instutional Workhouse Solihull nr Birmingham (as it was then). He was not on the 1901 census with his mother but on...
  17. J

Frederick Griffiths

Re: Electorial Rolls - To Icarus :redface: Bu golly you make me feel ashamed, I couldnt even find that info on Ancestry, I really dont know how you are finding this information. But well Don. With regard to the previous electorial rolls you kindly sent up to 39 I didnt notice a William, should...
  18. J

Frederick Griffiths

Re: Electorial Rolls To Gillian Atkins Hi many thanks for the info you vvery kindly sent me on Elec. Rolls. a Great help. I also had info from Icarus which helped no end. I did forget to mention in my last message about my dad Matthew Edward Victor Hunt he married mom 31 March 1932 first child...
  19. J

Frederick Griffiths

:) Hi Gillian, many thanks for the Voting Lists. They are of some help to me On the Camp Hill Roll they name William Griffiths, Annie and Frederick Griffiths, that qwill need checking as the William I have was not born until 1930 and there is no mention of Harriot Freds Wife as on the Sandy Lane...
  20. J

Matthew Hunt

Hi Gillian, its so good to know there are intelligent [people out there, Ive only been doing this searching 18mnths so have so much to lean. Firstly I would like to see where my dad was living between 1920-30 his name was Matthew Edward Victor Hunt, unfortunately I understand that he did some...
Back