• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. fisho

1st Aeroplane Flight

During the early sixties i would spend a bit of time spotting around various airfields in the U.K. On one of these occassions I was at Wolverhampton airfield, on the tarmac was G-AOFF a Warwickshire Aero Club chipmunk based at Elmdon. The pilot was going through his pre flight checks, I plucked...
  2. fisho

Aston - Stechford special

Thanks for your reply pistonvalve. 46121 was my last Scot so I know how you feel, this was the first and last time I ever saw this loco. When the diversions first started I would go to Lea Hall at 6.00am on Sunday morning before I did my paper round to see what was pulling the Stranraer to...
  3. fisho

Sutton Coldfield to Stirling Motorail Car Sleeper

G'day Colin, Many thanks for the info' Web site looks really interesting - will spend some time on this, thanks fisho
  4. fisho

Sutton Coldfield to Stirling Motorail Car Sleeper

Can't help with the photos but saw two A3's that had arrived on Aston Shed after hauling the Stirling - Sutton Coldfield car sleeper iin the early sixties. The first A3 was 60088 Book Law, followed 2 -3 weeks later by 60077 - The White Knight. 60088 did a further 2 or 3 trips before the car...
  5. fisho

Aston - Stechford special

I also remember this working, having seen 46121 Highland Light Infantry of 66A, this was during the week at about 1-30 pm southbound at Lea Hall. Did anybody ever see these excursions returning? I am pretty sure that they were Coventry Cathedral specials. Do you also remember the Cadbury...
  6. fisho

Tyburn Road Bus Works

I was surprised to read that the Tyburn Road workshop was the largest free standing building when it was constructed! Is their any more history on when it was opened,wartime use,how many employed at its peak?
  7. fisho

Tyburn Road Bus Works

Thought I would put my first post here having worked at Tyburn Road as an Apprentice Machinist, 1st Class, between 1964-1969 Wonder if anyone remembers Graham Miles when he played in the canteen of a lunchtime? He was a fitter at Tyburn Road before he became a professional snooker player. The...
Back