• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. davidfowler

Erdington Hall School Ryland Road School

Does anyone remember Danny Sands? He went to this school around 1953 ish.
  2. davidfowler

Aston Chain and Hook

Hi David, we moved from just around the corner (Bromford Lane) to 527 in 1953. I used to walk to and from Ryland Rd school as well, playing marbles most of the time so was often late back!
  3. davidfowler

Hill Top Farm Handsworth

Thanks everyone for continuing this topic. Very interesting for my research into my Great Grandparents' history.
  4. davidfowler

Clover Chinese Restaurant, Cannon Street

Hi, here's the pic.
  5. davidfowler

Summer meet up on the day 2015

As usual, Lyn did a great job (good luck against Chelski today) and The Bull was, as ever, a great venue. Good to meet the usual suspects as well as some new faces.
  6. davidfowler

Where was River St Balsall Heath

I believe this is River Street.
  7. davidfowler

Lynne webbs birthday meal at the bull

Yes, well done.
  8. davidfowler

Lynne webbs birthday meal at the bull

Lovely to see everyone and glad that Mike got sorted. Sorry he couldn't join in the festivities though. Is Lynne doing her Tommy Cooper impression here?
  9. davidfowler

Old Bromford Lane

Thanks gunmaker.
  10. davidfowler

Old Bromford Lane

Thanks again Drako. Cheers Mike for the map (as usual!):fat: What's always thrown me was that the postcard always just read "Bromford Lane" rather than "Old" Bromford Lane. I was very familiar with the main Bromford having been born and grew up there but for some reason I never ventured up OLD...
  11. davidfowler

Old Bromford Lane

Thanks for your replies. I did try to research it a few years ago but got nowhere. Now you've pointed me in the right direction. I'm in Birmingham next week so I'll try to get to the map department in the library. Cheers!
  12. davidfowler

Old Bromford Lane

Not posted for some time but I've come across this postcard again on eBay which states it as Bromford Lane. It seems to be from a publisher - Hicgs (?) in Alum Rock. Having been born in Bromford Lane I'd love to know where abouts this could have been taken. Apologies if this has been discussed...
  13. davidfowler

Birmingham FC

Here, here Eric.
  14. davidfowler

Cookie273uk Membership

Well done Eric, BHF wouldn't be the same without your paintings. You made me look up my profile and I'm amazed I'm coming up to my 9th!
  15. davidfowler

Erdington Hall School Ryland Road

I was in the infants from about 1949/50 to 1956/7. The only names I remember are Margaret Coley and Georgina Redding (her Dad had butcher shops) and I took her ice skating once but I was terrible! I know Frothblower attended the school as well.
  16. davidfowler

Condolences to our friend mikejee

My thoughts and condolences are with you and your family Mike. It was wonderful that she was able to make the long journey with you just to get to our meets. David
  17. davidfowler

A Christmas Carol at The Rep

My wife, her sister and I went to Mondays matinee. What a great performance. It's a musical (or at least it has a lot of singing amongst the dialogue!). The cast were all fantastic, Marley's ghost in particular had a singing voice which would have blown anything the TV talent shows throw at us...
  18. davidfowler

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Re: #798 No Health & Safety then!
  19. davidfowler

christmas 2013

Sorry but that weekend is a "full on" pre Christmas family get together and we go away on the following weekend. :-(
  20. davidfowler

christmas 2013

I know as well. And it's particularly handy for me as it's a Blues home game.:encouragement:
Back