• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

Malthouse Lane Washwood Heath

Does anyone have any information about the mill or malt house that stood at the junction of Malthouse Lane and Salisbury Road in Washwood Heath. I can vaguely remember the ruins of it in the 50's before rebuilding took place in these roads.
  2. L

Hems Philip

I wonder if any of you can help me trace my cousin Philip Hems who used to live in Arley Road, Washwood Heath in the 1950/60's. I know that he used to work on the ambulances and later lived in the Bordesley Green East area for a time. I was told that he may have moved to Coleshill. I would...
  3. L

Hill Family

Can anyone give any information on this one please? Ancestors and family of Joseph Patrick Hill Born24/3/1908 Bromsgrove St. Birmingham Married Mary Violet Fowler. 15/8/1931. St Peters Church Birmingham Thanks Les :)
  4. L

Emily's Stores. Washwood Heath

Does anyone remember Emily's Stores which was the post office in Washwood Heath Road between Aston Church Road and St Marks Church. I worked there in the late 50's delivering laundry in a three wheel basket truck. The shop acted as agents for the laundry and people left their laundry there to be...
  5. L

Bennetts Road.

I lived in Bennetts Road, Washwood Heath between 1945 and 1966. If any of you lived there at that time perhaps we could exchange memories.
  6. L

Lloyd

I am trying to trace the parents and family of Ellen Lloyd Born 6 June 1889 Aston Birmingham Married Arthur Linnecor Date unknown Lived in Miller Street Aston until early 1930's and then lived in Malthouse Lane, Washwood Heath. I would be very grateful for any information any of...
  7. L

Robinson Joseph

Trying to trace details of parents/grandparents of Joseph Robinson Born approx 1838/40 Halesowen Married Emma Green July 1872 Halesowen Lived in Long Lane Quinton 1872-1900 approx Any information would be greatly appreciated. Les
  8. L

Linnecor Family

George Linnecor Born 1824 Birmingham. Married Kate ? Born 1829 Lived Cross Guns Yard House 1 New Summer Street Has anyone any information regarding them or any other Linnecors. Many of whom lived in the Newtown area of Birmingham.
  9. L

Caffrey

Does anyone have any knowledge of Samuel Caffrey. Born 1857 (approx) Olbury. Married Mary ? Born 1858 (approx) Lived at 47 Heath Street. Smethwick/Birmingham.
  10. L

Green Family

Does anyone have any knowledge of Emma Green (Quinton/Halesowen) Born approx 1854 Married in Halesowen to Joseph Robinson 21/7/1872 and then lived in Long Lane Quinton/Halesowen.
  11. L

Robinson Family

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Robinson family who lived in Long Lane, Quinton in about 1900. My Grandmothers maiden name was Emma Robinson and she was born in this place in 1889. She had brothers William. Frank,George and Arthur. Her fathers name was Joseph.
Back