• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Witton Cemetry

Hi Is any one visiting Witton cemetery in the near future, I need to find out what the inscription on a grave says. The grave is of a Florence Elizabeth Cross, Section 152, Grave no 39046. As I recently moved from B`ham to North Wales I am unable now to visit myself. Any help would be appreciated
  2. R

Girling lost relative

I am trying to locate a lost cousin Grahem E Girling who was born in B`ham 1943, last known place of residence was Weoley Castle. I have found a Graham E married to a Valerie J Holly in 1966 in B`ham which is a possible fit, but I have know idea where they live, but could still be in b`ham...
  3. R

Electorall Roll Reqest.

Does any one have access to the roll for Warley Smethwick, just outside the B`ham boundry, or if not know where they can be viewed ??. The address I am interested in is 62 Park Road. Any years after 1930 in particular if the name Girling or Gittus appears. Roger
  4. R

Spencer & Abbon Fuel Merchants

Howard spencer started up this company in B`ham around about 1900 posible in the Aston area but not certain. Does anyone no of this company and any information about it or the owners ?? Roger
  5. R

Girling George Frederick

Trying to find where he was in 1901, she was born 27 Dec 1881 in B`ham , I have him in 1891 and in 1911 onwards after he married Mary Jane Ballingerin 1909.
  6. R

Ballinger Mary Jane

Trying to find where she was in 1901, she was born 17 Aug 1881in B`ham , I have her in 1891 and in 1911 onwards after she married George Frederick Girling in 1909.
  7. R

GIRLING Family

Looking for information on the children of William Frederick Girling 1838-1910 & Sarah Ann Bubb 1849-? they married 20 May1872 in St Peters Dale End B`ham. There were 7 children:- Lilly 1894-? Found in 1901 census Maude 1892-? Found in 1901 census Sidney 1890-? Found in 1891&1901 census...
Back