• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Donna

Warwickshire regiment

Hello, I wonder if this is the right forum for a start but Im wondering how I can find out which part of the Royal Warwickshire regiment my gt granfather was in. He was born in 1891, would he have been too old to be in WWII, did the Warks regiment exist in WWII. My granddad said he went to...
  2. Donna

St Joseph Birmingham Warwick

Hello, does anyone know where I can find any info on a christening in 1877 in St Joseph Birmingham Warwick. Thank you.
  3. Donna

raf eastleigh photo

this is one of my grandad at raf eastleigh in africa ww2
  4. Donna

Fountain pub Nechells/Aston

Hello, has anyone heard of a pub called the Fountain that was in Nechells/Aston. I was talking to my grandad today and he said his aunt used to run it, her name was Lily, but not sure how many years ago. Grandad used to live in Lupin St so I'm not sure if it was by there, can't find Lupin St...
  5. Donna

Dog and Partridge, Birchall Street

Does anyone have any more information of licensee Joseph Brendan Burke and wife of the Dog and Partridge, Birchall St/Moseley St around 1963 - 1965? Thanks for family interest
  6. Donna

Rough date of photo

Hello, can anybody date this photo of George Arthur and Theresa Howell, my gt grandparents (on left) and their daughter Olive's parents-in-laws, Mr and Mrs Harvey. George and Theresa born roughly 1890's. Thanks Donna
  7. Donna

Johnny Mo

Hi all Does anyone remember Johnny Mo? 1960's ish, was licensee of Rose & Crown, Gravelly Lane.
  8. Donna

Aston Church Road pub

Does anyone remember Aston Church Road in the 1960's? As you come down from the lights at Washwood Heath Road, keep on the left hand side and just past Taronis, was there a little pub that looked like a house or was it a house that people used to drink in? I have memories of standing outside...
  9. Donna

Joyner

Does anyone have info on Joyner family, Aston area? Thanks Surname interests: Howell, Spears, Stokes
  10. Donna

Stokes

Does anyone have any info on Stokes family? Especially Uriah? Thanks Surname interests: Joyner, Howell, Spears
  11. Donna

Spears

Does anyone have any info on Spears family, big in Aston/Nechells/Saltley area, especially pub at traffic lights Aston Church Road/swimming baths? Thanks Surname interests: Joyner, Howell, Stokes
  12. Donna

Howell

Does anyone know anything about a George Arthur Howell b1890 ish (my gt grandfather)? Thanks Surname interests: Joyner, Spears, Stokes
  13. Donna

Police Station at Washwood Heath

Does anyone remember a Police Station at the top of Aston Church Road on the Washwood Heath Road - Saltley end before the big hardware shop?
Back