• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. changinman1

Text translation

Hi I have a death certificate that I’m trying to understand and not my family but it’s bugging me , what is the word before coma please , I can’t make it out
  2. changinman1

Winson Green Prison

Hi Iv found out that one of my paternal grandfathers Joseph Field was transferred from Winson Green on April 7th 1897 to Rubery Hill asylum, he died in there in 1890 but what I need to know is why he was in winson green in the first place . ???
  3. changinman1

Tideswell Road /Thornbridge Avenue - Great Barr

Hello good people , my nan used to live in this road (Tideswell rd) and bought the house from new and lived there until her passing in 1990 , I spent so much of my childhood staying with her , just wondering if anyone has any photos of the road from years gone by. tia
  4. changinman1

What happened

Can anyone tell what happened here , where did the bomb drop , if half of the house was blasted away why isn’t the bus in two pieces , we’re there any casualties involved
  5. changinman1

The Anchor

Hi ...I posted this probably about 10 years ago but got no responses , im looking for some information on the above pub which was on Gorsty Hill in Halesowen, my gran and grandad had it for a while , it would of been the 1950,s I think , their names were Charles Henry Field and Hilda Field and...
  6. changinman1

Hit A Brick Wall

Hi im researching my family tree and I cant seem to get a father or a mother for one of my gt GF,s , please if anyone can think of a way id be real grateful. Jeremiah Field 1755–1838 BIRTH 1 JUL 1755 • St Georges Bloomsbury, London, England DEATH ABT 1838 4th great-grandfathe
  7. changinman1

Birth Certs

Hi all ...great people .....I havnt sent off for a BC for must be 10 years , what is the process , is it easier now and or is there an alternative way of viewing these or getting hold of them without having to pay £8 for one ??
  8. changinman1

Thanks - post your thanks here

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to all the admins and contributors to this amazing site , its been so useful for me over the years . Hopefully we can keep it going .
  9. changinman1

Gun Factories / Gun Quarter - Staff Lists ??

My paternal grandfathers were gunmakers in the city from 1860 to 1900 ish and lived around Weaman st and Bagot street / Miles street /Ormond street/ Fleet Street (yes they did live in a lot of places haha ) but that is as far as I have got , their job titles from certificates of marriage and...
  10. changinman1

Primrose Lane , Hall Green .

Ive had a quick look around here but cant find much or anything on the above street, iv just bought a property there and wanted to learn about its history of street and hopefully the house as its victorian built .
  11. changinman1

Frederick William field

Hi I’m hoping that someone can shed some light on my gt grandads brother Frederick William field who according to his death certificate was an army pensioner and he died from pneumonia at the family home in 1918 age 24 , I heard through the family that he died of Spanish flue but the certificate...
  12. changinman1

Great Grandmother Ellen Field nee Ray/Reay

Hi I’m hoping that someone has some info on my gt grandma name as above , I have her death certificate which states she’s died on 12th July 1932 aged 67, widow to my gt grand dad George William Field but I cannot find any birth certificate what so ever for her , it’s a complete mystery ...
  13. changinman1

Fox & Grapes

does anyone know what is happening to it , still standing after being burned down or nearly??
  14. changinman1

The Vine Inn Dorridge.

Has anyone got any photos or information on this pub that is no longer in existence , it's now an office but it's the same building apparently. I know it was still there on the 1911 census, if anyone knows anything then it would be appreciated.
  15. changinman1

The boat catherine de barnes

Can anyone remember the name of the night club that used to be at the rear of THE BOAT (CATHERINE DE BARNES) , I remember going there a few times in the early 80,s....anyone remember it or am I going mad.
  16. changinman1

Chadwick end

Does anyone know if there was at one point two pubs in chadwick end , the orange tree (aka rock candy moutain ) i think....and ther e was another further up in chadwick end going towards warwick ????
  17. changinman1

Cafe - broad street

IN the 1980,s I used to go to a cafe on broad street on my scooter to meet mates , it was where the Hyatt is now I think , can anyone remember what it was called , it had a black cinder car park. Was it the Acropolis ??? really cant remember. A picture would be even better....cheers.:excitement:
  18. changinman1

Millitary record look up pleeeeeeeease can anyone help.

Hi I am trying to find out anything possible about my Grandads involvement in both the first and second world wars as I believe he was involved in both in some capacity . He was discharged on 24.10.1919 and as I said was involved also in the second ww and his name is Charles Henry Field born in...
  19. changinman1

Millitary records look up pleeeeeease......

:)Hi I am trying to find out anything possible about my Grandads involvement in both the first and second world wars as I believe he was involved in both in some capacity . He was discharged on 24.10.1919 and as I said was involved also in the second ww and his name is Charles Henry Field born...
Back