• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. H

Book: Birmingham Housing Planning around 1900

I'm looking for information on the development of the Broad Meadow Farm estate, particularly for picture of the Broad Meadow Farm and cottage as it looked before development maybe around the year 1900 onwards.
  2. H

Tascos Co-op

My grandfather Mr Baldwin was a baker who worked at the TASCOS Bakery at the corner of Mary Vale Road and Charlotte Road. I lived there with him and my grandmother from about 1942 till 1957. I have a copy of the definitive history book on the society "Seventy-Five Years of Co-operative...
  3. H

Kings Norton

Thanks Viv, I've only just seen your reply. I notice that the February 1907 newspaper cutting refers to a Major Baldwin - Baldwin was a well known name in the area, my grandfather was one - John Thomas Baldwin! Also the diary that I have from my great-grandfather (Mortimer West) has an entry on...
  4. H

Kings Norton

5. H

Sherbourne Mill / Baldwin & Sons Paper Mill

Has anyone got any family history data on these Baldwins who owned this factory?
  6. H

Kings Norton

These maps showing Broad Meadow Estate c.1904 - I am pretty sure that my great grandfather Mortimer West worked on this estate when he lived in King's Heath and that my grandmother Elizabeth walked there with him in the mornings and went on to King's Norton school. I'd be really interested to...
  7. H

Kings Norton

Back