• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. anthea

School in Earls Court Road, Harborne.

Does anyone have information/history of a school in Earls Court Road? In the 1930's my brother attended a school which I think was based in a chapel and was used on a temporary basis while a new school was being built ie Woodhouse Road Junior and Infant School, to accommodate children from the...
  2. anthea

Station Road Secondary Modern School, Harborne.

Is there anyone out there who went to Station Road School in Harborne around 1947 - 1953? I remember Mr Stanton was the Headteacher and Mr Abel was Deputy Head. Also Mr Owen, Miss Bonham, Mrs Heart, Miss Beck and Miss Pallett. Mr Tozer was our music teacher. There were other teachers, but I...
  3. anthea

Got any lunch mate?

Does anyone remember Bob's Cafe, corner of Argyle Street, Aston, opposite Booth's factory gates in the 1930's/40's where the poor kids would wait for the men coming out of the factory and would then ask the men "Got any lunch mate?". The kids would take the sandwiches home to be shared out. My...
  4. anthea

GERMAN/ITALIAN POWs IN BIRMINGHAM

I can remember a 'road gang' of either German/Italian POWs together with their army guard working at the top of the road where I lived on the Quinton/Harborne border. :shocked: This would be about 1944 when I was at Junior School. My mother gave me strict instructions not to speak to the...
Back