• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. anthea

its vivienne14s birthday

Vivienne, Wishing you a Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns of the day. Anthea.
  2. anthea

Happy birthday Anthea

Thank you John L for your good wishes I enjoyed my Birthday with my family. thank
  3. anthea

Happy birthday Anthea

Thank you oldbrit for your good wishes much appreciated. Anthea
  4. anthea

Happy birthday Anthea

Thank you Pete
  5. anthea

Happy birthday Anthea

Thank you Viv, Morturn,Richard.
  6. anthea

happy birthday to dave m

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAVE A GOOD TIME .....
  7. anthea

Odeon, Birmingham New Road/Hagley Road

Happy memories going to the Warley Odeon on a Friday evening with my Mother and Father. A long walk from West Boulevard, up Wolverhampton Road South to reach the Cinema.
  8. anthea

Lapidarist

My Mother worked in the Jewellery Quarter at different firms for many years. She made gold bracelets and also trained an Apprentice who now has his own Jewellery shop. My wedding ring was made to my own design in the Jewellery Quarter. Several relatives worked there also and I have inherited...
  9. anthea

It's Lyn's (Astoness) birthday

Lyn Best Wishes for a Happy Birthday today from Anthea.
  10. anthea

Birmingham University

I took my final Open University exam in that building and I think that it is known as The Great Hall? Inside at the opposite side to the doors there is a beautiful stained glass window above the stage. I did pass the examination, by the way !
  11. anthea

GET WELL SOON ERIC....(cookie273uk)

I will join all the others to wish you all the best Eric and a good recovery.
  12. anthea

Its Astoness’s (Lyn) birthday

Best Wishes on your Birthday, Lynn from Anthea.
  13. anthea

Jack Costello Boxer

TinaC, Have you looked on this site - Boxing History.org.uk ? There is information about Jack Costello (Birmingham) Boxer, 1901 & 1913. 34 Professional contests etc., etc. Anthea.
  14. anthea

H SAMUELS HUNTERS ROAD BRIDGE AND CLOCK GONE

I worked for one of the Directors whose office was situated in the 'Golden Mile' area. A very nice man, but I have forgotten his name! This must have been in the 1950's or thereabouts. I bought two pairs of gold earrings for myself and was given a discount so I was very pleased...
  15. anthea

Mike Ingram

Sorry to learn that Mike has passed away. Rest in Peace Mike.
  16. anthea

THINKING OF SOSPIRI (maurice)

Very Best Wishes Maurice for your complete recovery. Anthea.
  17. anthea

It’s DaveM’s birthday today

Best Wishes on your Birthday Dave from Anthea.
  18. anthea

ITS SOSPIRI'S ( MAURICE) BIRTHDAY TODAY

Every Good Wish on your Birthday Maurice from Anthea.
  19. anthea

Christmas greetings 2021

Best Wishes for a Happy Christmas and a Healthy 2022 to everyone on the Forum from Anthea.
Back