• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. E

Fred Dibnahs Victorian Heroes By David Hall.

Hi all,not everyones cup of tea, but for those that like to read about Britains wonderful inventors/engineers this book offers a real insight into what made us the worlds best. Regards Eddyjay.
  2. E

The Last Fighting Tommy. The Life Of Harry Patch, Last Veteran Of The 1st World War

An biography of the very last British soldier of world war one, he was 111 years old and died in 2009, well worth a read.
  3. E

Harrys War. By Harry Drinkwater.

A really good read, written by Harry himself, he kept a diary of his everyday account of his experience during World War one, He was with the Birmingham Pals battalion of the Royal Warks regiment.
  4. E

Billy Brown, I'LL tell your Mother.

By Bill Brown, a very good read, about a young lad growing up in London in the Forties,and the antics he got upto,my daughter bought this book for me from a Charity shop, so I don't know whether it is still in print.Regards Eddyjay.
  5. E

Harrisons Ltd Bradford St. Birmingham. Curtain rail Manufacturers.

Anyone who worked in the toolroom about 1964 on.
  6. E

THE ROAD TO NAB END. by William Woodruff.

Hi all, this is a really good read,a fascinating social insight into poverty struck Blackburn in the 1910-30 time, if you think we in the midlands had it tough, you should read this.
  7. E

The Man Who Broke into AUSCHWITZ. by Denis Avey.

Hi All, this is a factual account of a captured British soldier in world war 2, read it and be amazed.
  8. E

a cat named bob.

a good read, how a young guy in london turned his life around, because of his love for a stray cat. well worth a read.
  9. E

COLD MOUNTAIN. by CHARLES FRAZIER,

A really gritty book. written in the style of early american english, based at the time of the american civil war i had great difficulty in putting it down, very remenicent of the original book of Tru Grit.
Back