• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. F

evacuees during W.W.II,

Is there any records for evacuees during W.W.II from Birmingham, If there are would they be in the Archives at Birmingham library.
  2. F

St Martins Baptisms

Can anyone look at Baptism's for St Martins,for William and Mary Ann Garfield Children born between 1836 /1841, I think there maybe four or five of them as the family lived in Broad Steet.
  3. F

Duke nee Cox

Ada Dukes nee Cox married a Joseph William Tyler 11/11/ 1911. I have just recieved the marraige certificate,the marriage registered Kings Norton,it say she was a widow I can't find her first Marriage,her father's name was George Cox I have been searching the years between 1891 and 1911 with no...
  4. F

Gopsills Hauliers

I have been told that one of my relatives worked for Gospels Hauliers,I hope thats the correct spelling he was living in the Haymills/Yardley area, he carried out his work on a horse and cart,has anyone heard of Gospels,or where they were located.
  5. F

YardleyCemetery

I have just got back from visiting Yardley Cemetery,and can't believe how messy people can be,I can understand someone takeing a container for water when they take flowers but why do they just discard the containers on to others graves,I took three milk containers to the bin that had been left...
  6. F

Ratcliffe

I have been looking for the death of Ellen May Ratcliffe nee Garfield,believe she was called May by the family I have found her birth in 1897 and her wedding in 1917, but the death I just cannot find.
  7. F

Frederick road

My grandparents lived 107 Frederick Road up to my grandmothers death at the age of 39 in 1939,with all the talk about everything changing,does anyone know if that house is still standing,If it is I would like to go and take a photo of it.
  8. F

Humphries

Is there anyone who could help,I am really stuck I am looking for information on Humphries,my granfather's name Hector his father's name Frederick George,mother's name Jane Cross,Hector married in St Paul's church in aston to Ethel Adams in 1917,I would be very gratful for any idea's.
  9. F

Haymills

Has anybody any photo's of haymills congregational church that was on the corner of Kings road,Coventry road.I lived in Speedwell road corner of Kings road before it was demolished.
Back