• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

St Matthias Birmingham : Marriage Lookup PLEASE...

Seasonal Greetings: Does anyone have any access to St Matthias Church Marriage records? If so - I would be really grateful if they could look up a Sept Qtr1920 marriage between: Lily A Ashford and George Henry Howard. This info might be the answer to a long standing family mystery. Many Thanks...
  2. S

Electoral Roll lookup, please: GODDARD

Hello, I wonder if anyone can kindly have a look on the electoral roll please for the following couple. THOMAS GODDARD & LEAH GODDARD: This couple married 03/02/1917. At that time their address was 13, Albert Terrace, Wheeler Street. Any sighting of them will be very much appreciated. Thank...
  3. S

QUARANC in Singapore post WW2..

Hi, I am helping a lady with her family history & her main interest is her aunt who she believes was a Qaranc - possibly post WW2 in Singapore helping to nurse POW's back to health. Sadly I do not have any access to the sites that may help to pinpoint if this info is correct. Is there anyone...
  4. S

Brough: Tailors & Drapers

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to look for the following 2 Tailors please: William Brough (living in THORP STREET) & his son ROBERT BROUGH (Ann Street) Thank you so much, Margaret.
  5. S

John Brough 1794 - 1803? St Martin's

Hello again, I have found the baptism 01/01/1795 in St Martin's for JOHN BROUGH son of William & Ann Brough of Thorp Street. I also have a date in my notes that John died in 1803.....but I would really appreciate a confirmation of this death if that is possible....certainly other children of...
  6. S

HARRIS: John & Mabel: Electoral Roll Lookup please;

Hello folks, I wonder if someone will be kind enough to look for the following couple please? They married in 1924 @ St Andrew's Small Heath. The address for the Groom was 22, Cherrywood Road. The bride lived @ "The Royal George" Tilton Road....so I wonder where else they lived post 1924 ? JOHN...
  7. S

Naval casualties in WW1 ??

Hi, I have just discovered a relative who died in WW1 on HMS "Ardent" when the ship was attacked in 1916, so I know a small amount about him (he was 26) & his name is on the Navy memorial in Chatham, Kent. Does anyone know of a site that might give me details of his signing up papers etc ? I...
  8. S

Electoral Roll lookup please: HENSTOCK

Evening all ! I wonder if I could request a lookup on the electoral rolls for the following couple please? They married in 1920 & I am assuming that they remained in the Birmingham area. WILLIAM GEORGE HENSTOCK & NELLIE HENSTOCK. I think I may have found the death for Wm Geo...
  9. S

HILL FAMILY: Electoral Roll Please. 1911 onwards.

Hello folks, I have found the following couple on the 1911 census & I am hoping that they were still around in Birmingham for a few more years. If anyone can have a looksee for them I would be most grateful...
  10. S

Baptism: 22/07/1776 St Martins

Hello, I have found a baptism on IGI, 22/07/1776 @ St Martin's that fits in with a chap I am trying to trace. JOHN OTTEY, parents are William & Jane Ottey. I appreciate that there will not be much info on the baptism records...but I might be lucky if there are other children belonging to this...
  11. S

Vyse Street JEWELLERS??

I wonder if anyone can tell me how many (& names if possible) Jewellery factories there were in VYSE STREET around 1910 Please?? Many thanks, Margaret.
  12. S

HARRIS ALBERT Electoral Roll lookup please: after 1911

Would someone be kind enough to look for the following couple please? ALBERT HARRIS & EMILY HARRIS. Address in 1911 was 35, Cobham Road, Saltley, Birmingham. Very many thanks, Margaret.
  13. S

Strickley Electoral Roll lookup please:(part 2)

Hello again, I am now on the trail of another branch of the large Strickley clan. CHARLES RICHARD & IRENE STRICKLEY. They married in 1929 & Charles Richard died in 1942. NOTE: Following the death of Charles Richard I think that Irene remarried Thomas H Johnson in 1943 so any trace of...
  14. S

STRICKLEY Electoral Roll lookup please:

Hello folks, I wonder if someone would be kind enough to look for the following on the 1950 Electoral Roll please? ERNEST & HELGA STRICKLEY. Many Thanks, Margaret.
  15. S

1st Battalion Worcester Regiment.

My Gt uncle, WILLIAM HENRY GREEN, was KIA 13th March 1915 in France. He was serving with the 1st Battalion Worcester Regiment (just 21 years old). I wonder if anyone can kindly fill in the background of the battle he was in when he was killed. I believe he was buried where he fell & his name is...
  16. S

Electoral Roll Help needed please, 1936 onwards. BARNWELL

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to look for the folowing couple please: They married in late 1935 Birmingham. MARY ESTHER & CHARLES A BARNWELL Many thanks, Margaret.
  17. S

Shop in Eversley Rd (off Green Lane)

Hi, sadly one of my notebooks has gone walkabout & it contained the name of the shopkeepers in the shop at the top of EVERSLEY ROAD, close to Green Lane in Small Heath. In the late 1940s/1950's my mother would ask me to do some small errands for the couple who had the shop & lived behind the...
  18. S

Baptism/Buriel help please: 1834

Hello folks, I thought I had found all the info on the children of Thomas & Ann Farmer ...but looking at the IGI tonight I came across the following info which might mean that there is yet another child to this couple... Thomas Farmer b16/02/1834 Baptised: 31/03/1834 St Martins Buried...
  19. S

"Black Horse", Park Lane, Aston.

I wonder if there is anyone on the site who has information regarding "The Black Horse", Park Lane, Aston ??? On the 1871 Census: The landlord was JOHN REDDING, 51, Retail Brewer b Haselor.His wife was Hannah Redding. John is no longer in the Pub by the 1881 census. So my interest lies with...
  20. S

DANIELS Electoral Roll Lookup please:

Hello...I know that this family lived in Hullbrook Road, Hall Green in 1939 so I am keen to find them after this date if possible ?? Albert Daniels ( although he might have died in 1942) JANE DANIELS & her adult children WILLIAM & LILY DANIELS.. any sightings will be much appreciated... (I...
Back