• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. terryb18

Lodge Rd Hockley (the Flat)

Here is a pic showing a Boarded up Yarnolds
  2. terryb18

Next to Alans was a shop called Glarry's. I don't know what they sold.
  3. terryb18

Next to Alans was a shop called Glarry's. I don't know what they sold.
  4. terryb18

St Mary's School Wills Street

Hi Lyn, he would have lived in either Park Rd or Whitmore St. I remember him saying he hated it at that school. The reason he was a Roman Catholic was because his father died just before he was born otherwise he would have been christened C of E, but his mother remarried to a Roman Catholic.
  5. terryb18

Cross Guns,pub And The Marquis Of Lorne

Phils pic of Shannons is actually the old Tipsy Gent on Bordesley Green.
  6. terryb18

Doubt if you will find one Lyn, I have been looking for years. I seem to remember that you walked down some steps to get to it, I was only a kid at the time but I believe it changed into a laundrette, mid to late 50's. It was on the same side as the Pentecostal, but I can't remember whereabouts.
  7. terryb18

Graham Paul Webb

I couldn't find the link to Grahams tribute in The Mail so I tried to take a pic with my mobile. Not the best of pictures but it was the best I could do.
  8. terryb18

Graham Paul Webb

Well done the Birmingham Mail, in todays issue there is a 2 page spread on Graham Webb. Tried to find the article online but I can't.
  9. terryb18

Graham Paul Webb

I would like to add my condolences. I met him the once at a forum meet up, the 60's night. Shame that Birmingham council did'nt recognise all his achievements. May he foever R.I.P. For those who never knew of him and his achievements, look here.....
  10. terryb18

abbey street...hockley

Couple of pics here of Abbey St.
  11. terryb18

Heaton St Hockley

Two pictures of the Flat and one of Tims in Key Hill (note, established 1863) was this shop pre-Nortons?
  12. terryb18

Park Road Hockley

So the houses your rellies lived in are shown is this picture about where the lampost is. By the 2 cars.
  13. terryb18

Park Road Hockley

Peg, not quite, I am not very good at this, but I have tried to do a diagram the best I could. Hopefully it will show you as it was. The map image shows the yard I lived in, coloured green. Terry
  14. terryb18

Heaton St Hockley

I can only remember one shop where they delivered animals for slaughter, and that was the butchers next to the outdoor on the corner of the Flat and Ford St. I remember standing there watching them being herded into the back of the shop, and a few days later we kids used to go and ask for a pigs...
  15. terryb18

Park Road Hockley

Hi Peg,, in answer to your questions....1. We had 2 bedrooms, mom and dads on the first floor, and mine in the attic. 2. There were 6 houses in our yard, 4 at the bottom and 2 at the top, with the brewhouse and a toilet halfway up the yard on the right hand wall. (I can only remember 1 toilet)...
  16. terryb18

Alum Rock Road Shops

Like you Dancing Queen, I'm afraid Alum Rock & district will have to remain a pleasant memory for me.
  17. terryb18

Park Road Hockley

Peg Monkey...I lived at 1/114 Park Rd which would have been on your drawing below the entry where it says Adjoining dwelling. It was slightly different to your drawing as I remember it. The Front door would have been next to the entry with the stairs door on the back wall in the right corner...
  18. terryb18

Computer Help Please.

I have used for a long time now Freemake Video Recorder, but, and a big but, these days it comes with a lot of junk that you have to get rid of first. Follow Ray T's tip and select custom download and deselect anything that is ticked. Actually, its best to get into the habit of selecting Custom...
  19. terryb18

Mother's Club Carlton Club Ballroom Erdington

Pinched this off facebook... Year 1968
  20. terryb18

Logging in, logging off

I had that problem for ages, but like mikejee I wasn't that bothered about it. Then one day I thought I would have a go at trying to fix it, I use Chrome by the way. What I did was, I used Ccleaner to clear all cookies then uninstalled chrome and re-installed it. No problems since. Just remember...
Back