• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Atkinson Ale

Hi Does anyone know whereabout in Aston Atkinson's Brewery was located? Cheers James
  2. J

Salford House A.K.A. Hillside House

Hi Does anyone have any memories with regards to such a building? It was situated just past the railway bridge on the Slade Road, on what now is Hillside/Chartley and Kegworth Road. Regards James
  3. J

Francis Ellen Family tree research- Im stuck :(

Hi all I apologise profusely if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum, but i have a query. I have been searching records through Ancestory.com. and I have found a birth record of someone called Ellen Francis born 1901 in Bromyard. I can't however find any record of any such...
  4. J

Bown Raymond Joseph

Does anyone have any memories of the Bown family, lived in Monica rd in small heath in the 40's 50's? Cheers James
  5. J

Blackmore

Could someone help me find any information about a Janet Blackmore who would have lived in Butlin St Nechells during the 1950's Many Thanks James
  6. J

Mount Street Nechells

Hi Does anyone have any pictures of Mount St Nechells between the years 1949 and 1962? Cheers James
  7. J

Salford House Erdington Birmingham

On the site of what is now Kegworth Rd Erdington there was a house called Salford House would anyone information on this or any of the owners/occupations, would really be interested to know when it was constructed/demolished? Thanks James Gibson
Back