• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

Bracebridge Street

Good to know - thanks Mike but Definitely not my family then so i presume they moved on - mine were Parr's with a Cattell in the later yr (great- aunt Cissie)
  2. K

Bracebridge Street

I can't believe that i missed all this lovely info on Bracebridge. Such interesting photos!! My Great grandfather and family lived at no. 75. I have them there from 1920 to 1939 - no idea if they were still there after that though.....
  3. K

William Noon-Greenwich Pensioner?

Paul, Thank you so much for all the information - I will try and compose a letter over the holidays and see if i can get any further:) Happy Holidays, Kaz
  4. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway Actually i've just had a look on Ancestry and there is someone researching the family - maybe you want to get in touch??
  5. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway Maybe this is your Emma Amelia Births Sep 1881 WALKER Emma Amelia Stourbridge 6c 150
  6. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway Potential Birth: Births Sep 1876 Holloway Phil_non Stourbridge 6c 167 But a death: Deaths Sep 1876 HOLLOWAY Philemon 0 Stourbridge 6c 76 Births Jun 1881 HOLLOWAY Philemon Stourbridge 6c 155 Philemon Holloway Death Registration Month/Year...
  7. K

Holloway / Phillimore

Re: Phillimore Holloway I actually wonder if this is your chappie: Marriages Dec 1900 Cartwright Elizabeth Stourbridge 6c 325 Hadley Arthur Stourbridge 6c 325 ***Holloway Philemon Stourbridge 6c 325 ***Walker Emma Amelia Stourbridge 6c 325
  8. K

Paul - just found in my notes that he was indeed in the Royal Marines. Does this make it easier to track him down - and would his career still have been "illustrious"? Many thanks
  9. K

I can't really see my guy having a "glorious career" but i could be wrong,lol
  10. K

Hello, Does anyone know how a chap(an ag lab) born in Dunchurch 1793, ends up doing service in Devon? Was there a connection between Warwickshire and Devon? I know he was a private and then a corporal - thanks to the Baptism records for his children - and that he was noted as a Greenwich...
  11. K

DANDO Amelia & Frederick

Re: Amelia & Frederick DANDO Possible child: William P Dando Mother's Maiden Surname: Dingley Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1948 Registration district: Birmingham Registration county: Warwickshire Volume Number: 9c Page Number: 843
  12. K

Killed by one of the first motor vehicles...c1911

Hi Bob, Oh I'm so sorry about your Grandmother. I kind of thought it should have appeared in the papers but nice to have someone else confirm it too -having said that i'm sorry it was due to personal experience. Unfortunately i won't be able to visit myself...i'm in Canada...but will put on my...
  13. K

Burley Benjamin Ship lists

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sooty/Passenger%20Lists%20to%20NZFrame1Source1.htm Also for some nz lists
  14. K

Killed by one of the first motor vehicles...c1911

So i am trying to help my aunt with her tree and she has just given me something sad ..but interesting. Apparently her uncle Donald Leslie Lock(e) born 1903 in Shirley Heath was killed aged 8 by one of the first motor vehicles.Would something like this have made the paper? I have the...
  15. K

Emigration from Birmingham

Australia was obviously a good deal cos i too have people leaving London to settle over there. Was there a deal for peeps from Warwickshire going to USA? I have some of my Parrs leaving (c 1901)and settling in Cooks county .
  16. K

Burley Benjamin Ship lists

Keep an eye on this site https://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#r=5;p=allCollections
  17. K

Cambrey on Canadian passenger lists

Florence Cambroy(housewife) and William(a toolmaker) Florence Cambroy Birth Date: abt 1880 Age: 48 Port of Departure: St John, New Brunswick, Canada Arrival Date: 20 Dec 1928 Port of Arrival: Liverpool, England Ports of Voyage: Greenock [Belfast] Ship Name: Duchess of Atholl Search Ship...
  18. K

Cambrey on Canadian passenger lists

There's a WILLIAM Cambrey returning 161 Stuarts Road, Yardley, Birmingham Toolmaker 51 yrs old William Cambrey Birth Date: abt 1882 Age: 51 Port of Departure: New York, New York, United States Arrival Date: 24 Dec 1933 Port of Arrival: Liverpool, England Ports of Voyage: Boston [Cobh] Ship...
  19. K

Brelsford on incoming passenger lists

Florence Brelsford BIRTH: abt 1893 DEPARTURE: Durban, South Africa ARRIVAL: 5 Jun 1953 - Southampton, England OTHER: Durban
  20. K

Brelsford on incoming passenger lists

Helen M Brelsford Birth Date: 7 Feb 1908 Age: 52 Port of Departure: New York, New York, United States Arrival Date: 14 Jun 1960 Port of Arrival: Southampton, England Ship Name: Queen Elizabeth Search Ship Database: View the 'Queen Elizabeth' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database Shipping...
Back