• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Friends of Aston Hall and Park - March meeting

Dear all, This is to let you know that the next Friends of Aston Hall and Park meeting will be held on Thursday 21st March, at 6.30pm. It would be lovely to see any of you who would like to come. We will be updating everyone on various funding applications that we've made, for work in the...
  2. R

Next Friends of Aston Hall and Park meeting

Dear all, The next meeting of the Friends of Aston Hall and Park will be held on Thursday 9th August 2012, in the cafe at Aston Hall, from 6.30pm. I know there's a lot of you with an interest in Aston's history and future, so it would be great to see some of you! We're all working hard to...
  3. R

Aston Hall by Candlelight

Dear all, I hope you don't mind the post, but just wanted to let you know that Aston Hall will be holding its Candlelight event again this December. The event will be running from the 2nd to the 11th December (not including the 3rd due to an Aston Villa home match!), with timed ticket entry...
  4. R

H.P Sauce Birmingham

Hi all, I've read somewhere that there was a molasses flood from the HP Sauce factory in 1936 (and the vinegar flood in 1956) but can't find any reference to it anywhere else. Does anyone know if it really happened, and just how sticky it was - it sounds horrendous! Thanks in advance Rosie
  5. R

Aston Hall Reminiscences

Dear all, I work at Aston Hall as a Community Learning Officer and have been reading these forums with great interest for all the stories about Aston that appear! As I'm sure you all know, Aston Hall is currently closed for a major redevelopment project. All is going well with the...
Back