• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Alum Rock Road.

Does anyone remember when there were some maisonettes opposite the Rock cinema, it appears they have been knocked down and a car park is there now.
  2. T

iPad update this week

Since I updated my iPad this week to the latest IOS every time I go onto a site such as this and others where I used to stay logged into, even though I click remember me, it is not remembering me and I am having to log in every time, is anyone else having this problem. Regards trebor (Rita)
  3. T

522 Error

I wonder if someone can help me, I am on another Birmingham forum, but today when trying to use it, the message 522 error comes up, I have tried rebooting my iPad and laptop but that didn't work, any ideas anyone. Trebor (Rita)
  4. T

Book: Birmingham frame by frame

I have just received the book of photos called 'Birmingham Frame by Frame, I think it was recommended on this site, I ordered it online, firstly because it was cheaper and because my W.H.Smiths didn't carry it, it is well worth sending for, very interesting. The cost was £3.50 including postage...
  5. T

Wpc56

This is a programme that is screening every afternoon on bbc1 next week, it features a policewoman in the fifties. Some of the locations used are Black Country Museum, Cannon Hill Park, Town Hall and Victoria Law Courts, I think it will be interesting, pass the word on. Regards Trebor (Rita)
  6. T

Lost Families

A good programme to watch this Thursday ITV1 at 9pm is 'Lost Families', second series, but have your box of tissues handy. Trebor
  7. T

Rewind The 60's

There is a fabulous programme on all this week at 9-15 am called 'Rewind The 60's,' definitely a good watch to bring back memories of the 60's, worth recording if you can't watch at that time. trebor
  8. T

Unlock region code

I don't know if any of you knowledgeable people out there can help unlock a region code, today I have bought a Toshiba SD-P9 1 SKE portable DVD player, I have tried on the internet to find the code to unlock it so that I can make it multi regional. Regards Trebor
  9. T

Great Lister St shops

I have just received the following request from Eric Hill of Heartland Society, can anyone help please. Regards Rita (Trebor) I wonder if you or anyone you know could help me with a query. I remember when I was a lad my mother used to use the shops in Great Lister Street and she always...
  10. T

STERLAND Richard Frederick

Does anyone remember or have any information of Richard Frederick Sterland, born Birmingham 15th January 1912. Are there any descendents out there. Any help would be appreciated. The Sterland family lived in St. Vincent Street and Hyde Rd and Rann Street.
  11. T

Iron Moulder

Does anyone know what an Iron Moulder was, this was an occupation of a relative about 1919.
Back