• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. V

Penfold Golf ball factory. Bromford Lane

Here is a close shot, the left is walter Smiths now demolished ready for old peoples home, and on the right the penfold with part building still standing.
  2. V

I will put some photos on tomorrow, that I took during the demolition, they show the Penfold quite clearly.
  3. V

Hi Ingleton, Frothblowers picture is correct, and I know for sure as I have lived opposite for 40 years, if you remember Penfold was right on the corner.
  4. V

Yes the nursing home is on the old Walter Smith plot. Plans for the Penfold plot have been submitted again, lets see if they do build this time!
  5. V

Broomhall family. Staffordhshire to Birmingham

Hi Bren I have, bless you for looking though!
  6. V

Broomhall family. Staffordhshire to Birmingham

Hi Bren, thats really good of you too look, but I already have all that, was just hoping that someone else may have connections with them. Thanks again!
  7. V

Masters Alice born 1862 Birmingham.

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Hi Bren, glad I'm not the only one to feel deflated, its an odd feeling isnt it . Even when i was researching another member of the family, I would end up having a little search for Alice So as me and Bren agree, try every avenue you searchers!
  8. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Hi Shera, yes that should be a lesson to us all! She is not the only person in my tree to use a different name, it must have been a popular thing to do.!!!!!
  9. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Just for those who tried to help me when searching for Alice, thought I would let you all know, I found her! The family I thought she was part of, thinking her mother had put her in a workhouse and had her illegitimately, was her family, BUT there she was...
  10. V

Rowleys, Rowlings, something like that!

Ah that looks like them, brilliant, thans!
  11. V

Hi, oh that's brilliant thanks! I just checked my birth certificate and it says dad was a hot metal brass stamper, so it looks like its one of the Rowley entries, not sure which, but looks like my name guess was right!
  12. V

I blame this site for turning me all nostalgic! I am desperately now trying to remember a factory my dad worked at in the 1950's or 60's. I am sure it was something like Rowleys, or Rowlings. It was some sort of manufacturing company, we lived in Bloomsbury street, Nechells, and it wasnt far...
  13. V

See Birmingham by Post Card

Oh thank you all for posting these postcards, fantastic viewing, just worked my way through all the pages. Well done!
  14. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Oh yes Di I agree thats a brilliant site, and you can track people up into the 1930's, its a great help!
  15. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Your'e in the same boat as me then! I am 99.9% sure this is my Alice, its taken months of searching, but if it isnt her, I will try again! Have taken a note of your Masters family, if I come across them will let you know.
  16. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Yes we found that thanks, poor Alice! and her mother was living nearby too! would love to know what went on, why she was left there.
  17. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Hi Chris and shera, thought I would let you know I think I have found her! I am 99% sure on this. It seems her mother wasn't married when she gave birth, so it looks like her name is actually Alie A Farmer. Born in Birmingham workhouse, All Saints. Now I...
  18. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Thanks for looking Chris. Something unusual I bet! her mother wasnt married to her father, her mother made up a name ! something odd :redface:
  19. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Hi Chris, I dismissed that one before, so just built a quick tree of that family, and Alice was married to someone else by 1891,not a Broomhall ( I have her in 1891 no problem) oh dear, its like I will never find her :redface:
  20. V

Re: Alice Masters born 1862 Birmingham. Hi Chris, yes I thought it was here for a while too, researched that family, and its not her either! This woman is driving me mad :redface:
Back