• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Davos, Switzerland Sunday Mercury & Kunzle

Hi Gibbo,l was there from 27/1/63-28/8/63.It will be 50 years tomorrow.Maybe some of the kids would have still been there when l was in Davos.If you can remember any names let me know.l've got some pics in an album and l did write the names of the children beside each pic.Also did you know we...
  2. S

Hi Michael,Thanks for posting your pic,also the letter is interesting.l went home from Davos at the end of Aug 63.Hope one day l will recognise someone who posts.How long did you stay and where were you housed?l was in pro juventute 2nd floor l think.l did go back in 1989 when l celebrated my...
  3. S

:fat: l'm really enjoying reading all these memories of Pro Juventute,l hope one day someone l remember will turn up here. l'm one of the older ones being there in 1963.Afew names,Carole Robinson,Jackie Savage,Pauline Lax.Gwynith Strong. Thanks to peckham rose for the pics.l wonder how many...
  4. S

I really enjoyed reading your memories of Davos.l was there Jan 63-Aug 63.Just sorry it was long before your time there. We all have so much to chat about.We had a huge reunion around 1972 held at Holiday Inn in Birmingham city centre. There were people there from many years.It was organised...
  5. S

Ian,l went to Switzerland in Jan 1963,we had a picture taken on the steps of the BEA plane,l have a feeling you were on that flight.My name was Margaret Okey,l was 13yrs old and travelled with one other girl Carole Robinson,were were both from B'ham.There was a little boy named Robert who was...
  6. S

just found this wonderful place.so sad to see this sanatorium close down.l was there from Jan 27th-28th Aug 1963.my name is Margaret Okey.l live in Birmingham.l was 13 yrs old when l went to Davos.l shared a room with Carole Robinson.she lived in Bolney Rd.l lost touch for quite a time then in...
Back