• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Callant in Aston

Continuing the story of John Callant Born 1861 (Birmingham). John married Mary Ann Jarvis who was later known as Polly Callant. John Callant is mentioned with Mary Ann Callant in the Census 1891. John is also mentioned in his son's Birth Certificate circa 1900 (George Lesley Callant). In the...
  2. C

Callant in Aston

Dear Reg, the 120 Rupert Street address is very useful and I'll look forward to adding the same to my 'Callant' family tree. On an anecdote basis, I suspect that the son, 'Kenny' who was aged ten or eleven is the Kenneth Callant whom I susbsequently got to know during the 1980's and 1990's...
  3. C

Callant in Aston

Dear Cousin Duddeston Girl Thank you for your comments and updated family history on Uncle Frank. My mother, (Brenda Jean), told me about 'Frank' having been a Goldsmith, so your story is supported by family myth... even though you are talking about two people and Brenda relating the story to...
  4. C

Callant in Aston

Dear Cousin DG The spouse's name of William Francis Callant (Born 1885) or other details of her would be appreciated i.e., marriage date, maiden name etc., would be appreciated? Thanks Corrosionist
  5. C

Callant in Aston

Dear DG (2nd Cousin) There are a few clusters of the surname around the country... [there are indeed, in fact the Shropshire family are actually strongly connected with the Warwickshire family... i.e., the usual proginity laws given the the eldest son the inheritence with the younger sons...
  6. C

Callant in Aston

Dear DG I am very aware of our separate time zones, so I expect you'll be heading for bedtime soon. In the ancestry.com public folder 'Callant Family' I have established a fairly rigorous (documented) tree, but I have added assumptions to test theories before deleting these when no 'leaf'...
  7. C

Callant in Aston

Dear DG & Pomgolian I hope it's okay if I respond to the both of you since the Durrants, Richards & Callants are closely interelated with my current research. Following on from the my conclusions drawn from John Callant's marriage to Anna Maria Durrant, there appears to be a gap in John's life...
  8. C

Callant in Aston

Dear DG Very quickly, my reference to the 1884 birthdate above, should have been 1884 'conception'... Corrosionist
  9. C

Callant in Aston

Dear DG In terms of whether Wiiliam Francis Callant's father is John Callant or the former husband of Anne Maria Durrant is not established. I have also not been able to establish any William Francis Callant (WW1 era) military records that would have provided a clue as to his parentage. The...
  10. C

Callant in Aston

Dear DG I concur with you assumptions regarding the circumstances of Anne Maria Durrant, in that she was a Widow when she married John. The difference in age came as a surprise, but the circumstances of a child (Uncle Frank) seems to seal the relationship. The fact that she disappears...
  11. C

Callant in Aston

Dear Duddeston Girl William Francis Callant (Uncle Frank) born circa, 1885 is my Great Uncle. I have always considered Uncle Frank to be a half brother of my Grandfather, George Leslie Callant. I can confirm that I've sourced no documentary evidence to support Frank being registered with the...
  12. C

Callant in Aston

Dear Duddeston Girl I discovered this thread/site, after randomly keying in the name 'Frank Callant' in Google. Up until now, I've always considered Great Uncle Frank to be a elusive family myth, so it was with pleasure that I discovered that he actually exists. William Francis Callant is a...
Back