• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

the ashted cinema

highlighted in the brummagem magazine is where my early years were formed, as far back as i can remember the characters serialised were the first superman, black and white, batman and robin, black and white, buster crabbe as flash gordon, laurel and hardy, abbot and costello, charles starrett as...
  2. A

Lorries - Shenstone Transport, Marsh Lane, Erdington

does anyone have any connection with shenstone transport, their depot was at marsh lane erdington, my dad was named vic smith who drove for them during the forties up till 1953,
  3. A

the gaiety cinema coleshill st

regarding this cinema who can remember the abc minors club?, their signature tune was blaze away, does anyone recall the words?, it started off " we are the boys and girls well known as minors of the abc
  4. A

shop in great francis street

i remember the sweet shop next to the snooker hall in great francis street, the air raid helter that me ans my mom used was underneath the snooker hall, on the opposite side of the road was the junction pub, my mom and dad did bar work there, they were dolly and vic smith, i had many off...
  5. A

francis street

i lived at 69 francis street ashted, my name is frank smith, nanny summerfield lived at 3 / 68 francis street, i went to loxton street school in 1946, anyone remember me
Back