• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Lucas Labs Research & Development

Just for information. Dr Philip Reasbeck O.B.E who was Director of Lucas and Head of Physics and Research sadly passed away last month, aged 89. He served Lucas very well internationally and in the 50s 60s 70s was a very respected gentleman. He may not be recognised by most now but then I...
  2. A

Can you reach 200 plus of Pub Names and Situation (not memories or Wine Bars)

When the target is reached then we'll advance to 500:black_eyed:! NO Repeats
  3. A

Birmingham Dental Hospital

What experiences have you? Those were my "brace" days for five years. Anne
  4. A

Dancing to Romantic Bands/Orchestras

Do you remember dancing in those days. NO discos, or the loud music of today please?!!!!!!!!!!! Who remembers Joe Loss, Victor Sylvester, Edmundo Ross etc etc. Did they ever have "gigs" in Birmingham? Ladies only - what beautiful dresses did you wear? who did you meet? Anne
  5. A

Royal Coronations : Birmingham response

How did you and your families celebrate Coronation Day? Who owned a TV then ?! Did you watch it on your TV or someone elses? Were you actually there? What do you remember? Any nice pictures? What momento were you given from school? The latter question - I was given a tiny weeny leather...
  6. A

Swimming in the canal

Canal Query Officially which Canal flowed under the aquaduct (Newton Road) just approaching Great Barr. My sister used to take me for walks along there and sometimes for a s-w-i-m. Anyone else swum in Canals? The things we got up to. Anne
  7. A

Group photos

Does anyone recognise themselves, or recognise friends. What about group pictures during schooldays or whenever. An example below Anyone in the webring on this pic? Kingstanding Road Junior Boy' School Football Team Anne
  8. A

Bathing Costumes Thro' the Ages

Please, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the old bathing dress over the centuries! plus any pictures for enjoyment. Who used to wear the wool costumes??? I escaped that era - JUST - ha! ha! Anne
  9. A

The Pranks You Played on your Teachers

Does anyone remember the pranks and tricks you played on their teachers? Love to hear about them! Anne
  10. A

Trams

Remember the trams. I vaguely remember one that ran from Snowhill to??? but I was very very young. In my mind I always visualise or remember them on dark cold icy evenings, rumbling away.
  11. A

Birmingham characters

One person that stands out in my mind was the lady that stood on the corner of Snowhill Station at around 4.30pm every evening shouting "Spatchy Mail" "Spaaatchy Mail". I can see her now, a fag in her mouth, turban style head gear, raincoat with her newspaper stand and holding bundles of...
  12. A

Bournville Open Air Lido

Can anyone give info. on its current status please? Anne
  13. A

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

What is QE like today. It used to stand proudly in green leafy suburbia surrounded by fields and meadows. An imposing building on the skyline. Anne
  14. A

Lost Lidos

I have a website on Lost Lidos and I'm anxious to find any pictures of Sutton Park Lido and swimming in Keepers Pool. Please can anyone help?
Back