• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

Did army enlistment take place in Bishopsgate St. B'ham in Dec 1941?

Hello, Please can anyone tell me where men were enlisted (volunteers or conscripts) in Birmingham in December 1941? My dad (Bernard Charles Ameghino) said he was conscripted in Bishopsgate Street. (I can't ask him for information now - sadly he died in 2001.) He joined the 60th Training...
  2. N

WW1 Medals Roll Index Cards lookup please

Hello. :) Please can someone do a lookup in the WW1 Medals Roll Index Cards for my g.gf. John Bernard REEVES. There is a military gravestone for him at St.Joseph's RC Church, Nechells. The headstone says: WR/344011 SAPPER J. B. REEVES ROYAL ENGINEERS 10TH MARCH 1919 He died after the war had...
  3. N

St Joseph's Nechells Lookups

Hello :) I've recently been at the archives at St.Chad's Cathedral looking at the burial register for St.Joseph's RC Church in Nechells. Unfortunately, the entries for the years 1917 to 1921 are not entered in the copy of the burial register in the archives there. Strangely, there doesn't...
Back